“Better inside than outside !”

Kings Cross Inn Hotel
Ranked #871 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Pleasant stay, clean and well appointed, recently well refurbed and well worth the price. A good find ! Will return again and probably again !
Make friends with the reception, we made the error of asking to see a room prior to booking in .... he was not impressed that we had the temerity to ask ! Our error, all of the rooms are refurbed and in good order.

Room Tip: Just avoidance the room with the entrance off reception if you can, but all of the rooms appear to b...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike H

Reviewed 11 November 2013

the room we stayed in was on the ground floor and as the window was overlooking the busy street outside you did feel as though you were in a fish bowl and the door double door to the reception meant that if one of use was leaving anyone who was at the reception had full view of... bit embarrassing as my partner was just coming out of the shower... apart from that it's location was brilliant the staff were helpful the room was clean... for the price who can complain... no complaints

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We stayed when we had a 6am train to Paris to catch. Perfect location to the tube and train station. We walked from the tube to the hotel and from the hotel to the train station the next morning. The hotel was clean and comfortable, but a tight fit for three travelers...though we didn't spend much time in the room. The location was great for exploring London. The staff at the desk did make me feel uncomfortable looking at my 20 something daughter and my other friend said they they were laughing as she walked away after paying for internet and made her feel uncomfortable too (they weren't speaking English to one another). There is a sign at the front desk about not leaving anything of value in the room, but there is a safe. I always use a luggage lock when not in the room anyway and I did make use of the safe. Overall it worked for us for what we needed that night. I wouldn't want to spend more than a night or two here though.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I was charged £5 for every luggage just to keep them in the luggage room. No Wifi in rooms or common areas, but you can pay £2 per hour to have it. Hotel is very clean, breakfast is moderate and basic, the location very good. All this package comes at a very high price, paying £165 for a triple room per night incl breakfast.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank MicheleMalta
Reviewed 29 October 2013

The location of the hotel was very convenient for our short stay in London. The room was very clean and comfortable and the staff very helpful. It was good value for money and we would recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 24 October 2013

The rooms were small but adequate for a short stay and we were very impressed with the cleanliness of the whole place. Toiletries in the shower room were plentiful and it was immaculate.Some had the English breakfast and the rest the Continental' again no complaints.
Will recommend to other WIs.

Room Tip: Not overlooking main road
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I'll be very honest, coming to this hotel was both a really good and a really bad experience, but in the end the good seemed to outweigh the bad.

The first day we got here, we were given a room down a little flight of steps. We opened the door and found we were practically staying in a tiny, tiny room. I could lie on the bed and touch one wall with my feet and the other wall with my fingers. We had a bit of a laugh when we opened the curtains, as our view was... a wall! Comedy value aside, there wasn't much natural light in the room. Not to mention the bed was only a three-quarters single bed and nowhere near even a double. However, myself and my partner were thinking location wise that it was really good and really central - plus, we wouldn't have far to lug our bags over to Kings Cross, as you can see the hotel as soon as you come out the station - so that was convenient!

Everything seemed to crumble when night-time came. It was physically impossible to sleep in the room. You could feel the tube rumbling below you every so often, but that's really to be expected in a station-hotel. However, it was the noise that you could hear every single footstep from the room above, every time someone flushed the toilet in the room above you could hear the drainage really loudly, the walls were paper-thin, and the size of the bed was ridiculous. My partner is over six feet tall, and he was cramped into the bed as it was, never mind adding myself into the equation. Enough was enough, and at four in the morning my partner got up and complained while I sat in the room feeling miserable.

It got better from there! I'm being sincere, I'm not being sarcastic. The nice man behind the counter at 4am said that he would make arrangements straight away for us to be moved the next day, but unfortunately we would have to spend at least the night in that room. After a night of absolutely no sleep, we went out for the day, and they were very swift about getting the room ready for us returning to the hotel after our day out. This room was 100% better. We had to get a room with two single beds pushed together, on the upper floor, but it was perfect for our needs.

Overall, a good standard of cleanliness, but if you do choose to stay here while you're enjoying London for a special occasion (we travelled over for myself and my partners six year anniversary) - ask for a room on the upper floor, avoid the ground floor!

Room Tip: Upper floor! Avoid the ground floor like the plague!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple