Kings Cross Inn Hotel
US$258
US$191
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewsopposite kings crosseuston roadbusy roadnice bathroombudget hotelexcellent locationshort stayfamily roomdouble roomeurostar
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I stayed in the Kings Cross Inn with my wife for the last 2 nights 25-27 July 14. We were incredibly underwhelmed by the whole experience. Having paid £140 per night I expected a little more than we got:

- tiny room with a put up bed jammed against the wall due to the size of the room.
- small bathroom with a faulty extractor fan that made an bearable noise after it had been turned on for 60secs.
- cleanliness has below par with clutter (storage) in the restaurant - I use the phrase restaurant cautiously - and other areas.
- 4% credit card charges which I thought a tad excessive,
- Breakfast was only continental which was very poor. Tinned peaches, terrible coffee, cold croissants, poor service.
- no lifts.
- I was forced to leave a note to check out as the concierge was AWOL - the biggest issue I had on check out was the print out of the staff wages for the last month sat on the counter (without a bell to summon the staff).

OVERPRICED, UNDER DELIVERS. Go to the. Premier Inn, Travelodge or any other hotel before you book this 2* (at best) hotel with a 3* rating.

Room Tip: Book elsewhere.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The hotel is footsteps from the King Cross train and subway stations. The rooms were clean. I was in the basement which may have been due to a late booking and arrival. Ask for rooms that are not in the basement.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 June 2014

It's not the best part of town this, but you are right opposite Kings Cross St. Pancras and only 10 minutes walk to Euston. They are trying hard, the rooms have all been re vamped not too long ago. It's really a low budget hotel that's trying to up its game; my twin room was small but well equipped. The bathroom was good, shower was good, air con good. Room was clean and the linen fresh. I asked for a quiet room when I booked, and it was ok for road noise but there were some noisy guests, not that the hotel can legislate for that. It's not refined, but it's perfectly acceptable at the budget price I paid. I didn't have the breakfast so can't comment. Don't expect a palace, but I'd recommend this hotel for the low price I paid.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, the hotel is very close to Euston Road.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Keaveyd
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Came here for one night last week and found my stay very pleasant and stress free. Check-in was easy, room was clean, serviceable and even had a little space despite there being a double and a single. Bathroom very clean and everything worked. TV and fridge also worked and came in very handy. Windows opened properly (something you don't get in most hotels- nightmare when it's hot!).

We left our bags the next day in storage for the whole day for just £5 which we thought was very good for London!

Only snag was there was no lift, but we were on the first floor which only had a few stairs. Did not have the breakfast so cannot comment on food. All in all, a lovely stay, would come again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Missjrmidnight
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The hotel room we had was on the second floor but no lift is available and the reception staff did not offer to help with our luggage both on arrival and check out. The hotel room overlooked St Pancras and Kings Cross station complex and was adequately soundproofed however the shower base was partially blocked, part of the shower door handle was missing and the toilet seat needed bolting down!! For the money, it was a rip off.

Room Tip: Don't bother.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple