“Fine sushi, good value for money”
Review of Mai Sushi

Mai Sushi
Ranked #1,087 of 25,827 Restaurants in London
Price range: £8 - £26
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Euston / Kings Cross /St Pancras
Description: Mai Sushi is located near Kings cross/Euston station and just behind the British Library. Little restaurant for perfect lunch and dinner with very warm greeting. All sushi and Sashimi are made on order, so you get the best taste of freshness of all ingredients.
Reviewed 7 July 2016

Went there yesterday with a group of 6 friends. We ordered only sushi (15-20 pieces per person) and had a beer each for 22 pounds. Sushi was surprisingly good and came all in a huge wooden boat. The restaurant does not look fancy but we could enjoy of a lovely evening in one of the tables they have outside.
I have to say service was a bit slow, would not go there if in a hurry.
Would recommend if in the area and looking for good Japanese food at a good price.
Think that for London this is excellent value for money.

Date of visit: July 2016

Reviewed 5 July 2016

I suppose my heading says it all. The food was good and reasonable. This probably leads to the restaurant's popularity. The restaurant itself is not particularly attractive, however, it suits the purpose we chose it for: a quick lunch. Service was efficient.

The place was packed so that says something.

1  Thank christopher c
Reviewed 29 June 2016

I love this place. My dad recommended and took me here a couple of years ago and I ate here again last week - and it didn't disappoint! Sashimi melts in your mouth, sushi rolls are innovative and beautiful (and delicious), starters are divine and service is really friendly and efficient. On a nice evening you can also sit outside. One of my favourite lesser known spots in London. I think this restaurant is really reasonable for London prices.

Reviewed 17 June 2016

The food was good although there was a hint of MSG in the food which I despise, services was average and the price was average for a London Japanese restaurant... we paid about £22 pp and we didn't order any alcohol or dessert.

Cosmetically, they can do with a fresh lick of paint.The restaurant smelt funny too and it wasn't pleasant... it soon disappeared once more people came into the door to order food, the restaurant eventually filled with food aroma - thank god.

Not sure if I'll go back but if you're really craving for Japanese around the area you might as well pop in.

1  Thank LondonLifestyle2010
Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

Relatively cheap, fresh sushi. Hot sake was great too. For those complaining that it is Chinese run, who cares? Some of the best Japanese restaurants in Korea are Korean run. The best Japanese restaurant in Scotland is Scottish run. These guys are supplying good fresh food (it's on display) at a good price in a great atmosphere.