“Very good for price and location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Victory Services Club
Ranked #6 of 837 Speciality Lodging in London
North Yorkshire
“Very good for price and location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

First time stayed here whilst in London, very pleasant staff and easy check-in process. Room decent sized and clean. bed comfortable. Stayed in Century wing which was nice and quiet.
Free wifi in the room as well.

2 min walk to Marble Arch tube station, did not eat in club and had breakfast over the road at Wetherspoons

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank hebby

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2013

For such a central location this is an excellent place to spend a few days and offers exceptionally good value. Staff are always very welcoming and helpful. We will continue to use this club when in London.

Room Tip: If you are on a budget the rooms with shared facilities offer the best value. The bathrooms are clea...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank riversiderIreland
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2013

Although a member for some time, I visited the Club Restaurant for the first time last evening with my wife for dinner. Like the rest of the club, it is a very pleasant, contemporary environment but on a Monday evening there were no more than 12 diners. I am no particular fan of background music, but I actually think this restaurant could benefit from it, if it was chosen carefully. On a quieter evening, such as last night, with many diners being alone, there is very little noise, apart from the occasional rush of the air conditioning. The food and wine were excellent and very well priced, bearing in mind this is the West End, and the service was first-class.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank officeadmin
Highworth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013 via mobile

I use the VSC occasionally, whenever I need to stay in London. Location is great, right by Marble Arch, rooms are ok - some of the older ones could do with a refurb, but generally that are all of at least a satisfactory standard. Staff very helpful, breakfast is excellent.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank BeardyBill
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

I joined the VSC on my trip to UK in 2010 following the recommendations of my mother when planning a return visit to UK from Australia. I find the location of VSC is excellent being a short distance from Marble Arch underground, bus stops and Hyde Park. As a solo traveler I feel comfortable here and always made welcome. I had booked a room for my early am arrival into UK but the flight was delayed. Unable to advise of delay VSC had in the meantime rung my contact # to ask if I was still arriving.

This visit I requested a premium Memorial twin room to see the difference between the Centenary premium and as stated on the web furnishings are comparable of 3 to 4 star but room was still very good. There is a walk from the lift past some of the Centenary rooms to get to the Memorial Wing but it is level. The ensuite was new and room was comfortable with tasteful decoration. The bed was comfortable and the room had individual temp control which I appreciated. I found housekeeping to be very accommodating with any requests eg. extra teabags, milk and different biscuits due to allergy. Also I reported a faulty exhaust fan which was repaired.

I have always requested a quiet room which means one facing the back of the property. I was on the 4th floor and passed the shared bathroom facilities which also looked new. From 7.00am there was low building noise above my room which I took to be ongoing renovation but the noise level was low until 9am when tools were used. I had a quest stay with me and she also found the room very comfortable and the food excellent with the breakfast having excellent choices.

Room Tip: Back rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Plantmania
Palm Springs, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

For a few days, the VSC is worth considering. Full English breakfast and other meals are excellent and reasonably priced. This is not the very "upper-class" London Club --- although it does convey the feeling of being "British"! My wife and I are members and use the club whenever we have only a few days in London, otherwise we rent a furnished flat for a week or more.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank SwindonMcPrell
Devon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013

My daughter and I stayed in a Centenary twin room for one night. I asked for a quiet room and this was away from the Edgeware Road on the fourth floor. The beds were comfortable but had a sheet and a blanket - not what we are used to. The bathroom was clean with toiletries supplied and the water was always hot. Tea and coffee - more than we needed -was on a tray with a kettle but the milk supply was too meagre.
A hairdryer was supplied.
Breakfast was very good with lots of choice.
You can come and go at any time of day. The staff are friendly.There is a bar which is rather expensive and seemed to lack snacks.There are quiet areas for relaxing or reading. The location is excellent - near to Hyde Park and Marble Arch. I'll certainly use the Club again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room in the Centenary wing.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family