All reviewsmarble archmemorial wingthe union jack clubarmed servicesoxford streetshared facilitieshyde parkexcellent accommodationpublic roomsa great place to staycentral london locationhome from homewhen visiting londonconcierge stafftea and coffee making facilitiesfull english breakfastwest end
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I have just spent 3 nights at the Victory Services Club for the first time and I have to say the staff and facilities from start to finish was excellent. From Tony the concierge to the bar staff it was a great experience. I took my cycle with as participating in the ride London 100 event and storage was good the arrival (as this was my first time was quick). I had booked a single shared facility room and again the standard was excellent, if I was really picking I would have preferred a duvet but the night time temperature was such that this was not needed. As an service veteran I would recommend this hotel to any ex forces members or families of ex servicemen to use this as the location (by Marble Arch) and close to Paddington is very convenient. Breakfast was good value I chose the continental buffet and my bar meal was also good value and very tasty.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Gillhoward
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Stayed here for 4 days as a birthday treat for my partner. The room was lovely with a great power shower, the towels were changed everyday and toiletries supplied every day too.
The breakfast was excellent and the choice was amazing.
It was a great location as it was so handy for the centre of London.
I would stay here again if I go back to London.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Frances50
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I've lost count of the number of times we've stayed at the Club (we've both been members for almost 30yrs) - be it on business or for pleasure. We've seen many changes over time and, with each refurbishment, the rooms just get better and better. The breakfast room can be quite busy at times, but you'll always find a seat. Membership is inexpensive and room rates are fantastic for central London. It's a good 15 min walk from Paddington station - but you can catch a bus just outside the station which stops at the Marble Arch end of Edgware Road (Seymour street is pretty much opposite here). There are many restaurants and a lot of nice bars in the surrounding area - just explore a few blocks back from Oxford St. This has always been a friendly, safe and inexpensive place to stay in London and I wouldn't choose to go anywhere else. Only one downside - it's actually becoming increasingly difficult to find a free room on the nights we wish to stay!

Room Tip: Make a reservation well in advance
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank NED541287
Reviewed 24 July 2013

The room was well appointed, nice modern facilities, well cleaned and cosy.
The only downside was that windows were fixed shut so if you were like me (hate airconditioning) it was a bit of a problem.
The aircon was however very efficient and the staff very courteous and friendly.
The breakfasts were excellent.
Well sited for shopping or the tube I would stay there again anytime.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jill J
Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the tail end of our uk trip. Travelled with my parents and my 9 year old daughter. Very happy with stay. Stayed in 2 rooms on different floors with shared facilities and it was a better price than any B&B/hotel I could find in central London. If you're trying to save more, you can skip out on the 10GBP breakfast/person and hit the McD's next to Marble Arch tube which is 5 minutes walk. Have to also say that my parents who had last visited London together decades ago were especially struck with the ethnic community that was at least the local majority. (Google street view of nearby Edgware Rd can give you some insight). Far from the cockneys of old they may have been expecting. As you may also read in others, the wing over Edgware Rd seemed a bit noisy with car music, sirens etc. but certainly can't blame the hotel. Walls between rooms were also a bit thin as we were able to overhear the conversations of our neighbours clearly. Overall though we found it comfortable with decent value for the money and would likely be back if the opportunity presents in the future.

• Stayed: June 2013