All reviewsmarble archmemorial wingthe union jack clubarmed servicesoxford streetshared facilitieshyde parkexcellent accommodationpublic roomsa great place to staycentral london locationhome from homewhen visiting londonconcierge stafftea and coffee making facilitiesfull english breakfastwest end
Reviewed 29 August 2013

VSC is only a few minutes walk from Marble Arch Tube station. Immediately upon arrival the staff was attentive and helpful. Once entering my room, quite spacious for a double, I noticed the cleanliness and the fact that although I was along a very busy road the double paned glass kept things quiet. We had dinner in the club's restaurant, and the food was fantastic and a great value!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Nicole_p_k
Reviewed 28 August 2013

This was my first stay at the club and I had mixed feelings as my previous experiences with forces establishments were patchy to say the least.
I needn't have worried at all. From the moment I arrived I was treated with friendliness and with professionalism. The room and facilities were excellent and the staff were, without exception, superb with a "nothing is too much trouble" attitude.
Add to this the fact that it is 200m from marble arch tube station and the rates are amazing.
I have stayed in many 4 and 5 start hotels that have not met the standard of this club.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Frank V
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Arrived from Heathrow via the tube to the Marble Arch station and a 5 minute walk to the hotel. Service was excellent - the porters were very helpful and the receptionists were quick, friendly, and professional. We were checked in promptly and went to our rooms, which were immaculately clean and quite roomy. The bathrooms were spotless. Breakfasts were buffet style and were excellent. We felt very safe there. The beds were very comfortable.
The head porter provided excellent advice on where to go for shopping for unique items.
Would stay there again. Wonderful place, wonderful staff.

Room Tip: No fitness centre or pool. Not expected in downtown London.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank cliff w
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Several years ago, on the advice of a work mate I joined the Victory Services Club. In early August I travelled to the UK for a short trip and for part of the time finally got to stay at the VSC. What a delightful place it was, right in the heart of London and very close to Marble Arch, Hyde Park and Oxford Street. As an Australian, a long way from home, I found the staff to be friendly and helpful, particularly the porters. I can highly recommend the accommodation, the VSC restuarant and the full English breakfast! There are also a wide variety of rooms to choose from to match all budgets. My room was great, it had recently been refurbished, had an en-suite and was located in a quiet spot in the Centenary Wing. Thanks to the advice of the reception staff when making the booking a week earlier, my room had air conditioning which was very welcome during the recent 'heat wave' - in fact I'm sure that the airconditioning came from Australia! Members of the ADF should be aware that VSC membership is free to the serving personnel of all Commonwealth countries including Australia and NZ. Membership can be easily arranged on line and instantly provides access to discounted accommodation rates which is something well worth considering when looking at the accommodation rates for nearby London hotels.

Room Tip: Contact the reception staff for advice well before arriving, the better rooms are away from Edgeware Road or Turner Street.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank JohnOG57
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We were highly delighted with our stay in June 2013. There is a choice of accommodation, ours was very clean and met all our expectations, from what we saw all the rooms were of a high standard with cleaners going in everyday. The restaurant was of a high standard with varied menus. Breakfast was very good, buffet, with everything you could want, hot or cold. A very comfortable bar with comfy seating areas. The staff are very helpfull at giving directions etc.. Which is great when you are new to London or visiting an attraction. The location is excellent, very close to Hyde park, and Oxford st,

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, away from the busy road at the front. Sorry no swim pool.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple