All reviewsmarble archmemorial wingthe union jack clubarmed servicesoxford streetshared facilitieshyde parkexcellent accommodationpublic roomsa great place to staycentral london locationhome from homewhen visiting londonconcierge stafftea and coffee making facilitiesfull english breakfastwest end
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I cannot say enough about the wonderful staff at the VSC. The Porters are especially outstanding. When I was in the UK and 10 miles out on the M4 I called and asked the porter for directions to help me navigate the streets of London (a first for me on the lef thand side). He advised me of the most direct route. When I joked that I would see him in 2 hours he assured me that I was less then 30 min away. Well, my 30 min and his are clearly different. I was very surprised when he rang us back on our mobile 40 minutes later: "where are you?" he asked my daughter. "somewhere downtown London," I replied. Soon we passed Harrod's and he assured us that we were on the right route. After a few wrong turns and follow-up phone calls to strighten us out again, we arrived to the porter flagging us down. We had arrived! Will I ever drive in London again? Maybe; if there's a VSC porter at the other end of my mobile!

Room Tip: Ask for one where the window is ot on the street side. In the summer I'm not sure if they provide fans for the rooms - maybe call and ask. We arrived so late that I didn't bother to ask but the room was quiet hot and humid (reflecting the outside weather).
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Catherine5050
Reviewed 29 August 2013

VSC is only a few minutes walk from Marble Arch Tube station. Immediately upon arrival the staff was attentive and helpful. Once entering my room, quite spacious for a double, I noticed the cleanliness and the fact that although I was along a very busy road the double paned glass kept things quiet. We had dinner in the club's restaurant, and the food was fantastic and a great value!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Nicole_p_k
Reviewed 28 August 2013

This was my first stay at the club and I had mixed feelings as my previous experiences with forces establishments were patchy to say the least.
I needn't have worried at all. From the moment I arrived I was treated with friendliness and with professionalism. The room and facilities were excellent and the staff were, without exception, superb with a "nothing is too much trouble" attitude.
Add to this the fact that it is 200m from marble arch tube station and the rates are amazing.
I have stayed in many 4 and 5 start hotels that have not met the standard of this club.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Frank V
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Arrived from Heathrow via the tube to the Marble Arch station and a 5 minute walk to the hotel. Service was excellent - the porters were very helpful and the receptionists were quick, friendly, and professional. We were checked in promptly and went to our rooms, which were immaculately clean and quite roomy. The bathrooms were spotless. Breakfasts were buffet style and were excellent. We felt very safe there. The beds were very comfortable.
The head porter provided excellent advice on where to go for shopping for unique items.
Would stay there again. Wonderful place, wonderful staff.

Room Tip: No fitness centre or pool. Not expected in downtown London.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank cliff w
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Several years ago, on the advice of a work mate I joined the Victory Services Club. In early August I travelled to the UK for a short trip and for part of the time finally got to stay at the VSC. What a delightful place it was, right in the heart of London and very close to Marble Arch, Hyde Park and Oxford Street. As an Australian, a long way from home, I found the staff to be friendly and helpful, particularly the porters. I can highly recommend the accommodation, the VSC restuarant and the full English breakfast! There are also a wide variety of rooms to choose from to match all budgets. My room was great, it had recently been refurbished, had an en-suite and was located in a quiet spot in the Centenary Wing. Thanks to the advice of the reception staff when making the booking a week earlier, my room had air conditioning which was very welcome during the recent 'heat wave' - in fact I'm sure that the airconditioning came from Australia! Members of the ADF should be aware that VSC membership is free to the serving personnel of all Commonwealth countries including Australia and NZ. Membership can be easily arranged on line and instantly provides access to discounted accommodation rates which is something well worth considering when looking at the accommodation rates for nearby London hotels.

Room Tip: Contact the reception staff for advice well before arriving, the better rooms are away from Edgeware Road or Turner Street.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo