All reviews marble arch memorial wing the union jack club armed services shared facilities oxford street hyde park excellent accommodation public rooms a great place to stay central london location home from home when visiting london concierge staff tea and coffee making facilities full english breakfast west end
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Excellent food, very clean rooms and friendly staff. a few minutes walk from Marble Arch and underground. A lot better than the experience at the UJ club. Porters were very good. Nice quiet atmosphere in the public areas. Thank you

2  Thank Skyegirl1968
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I cannot say enough about the wonderful staff at the VSC. The Porters are especially outstanding. When I was in the UK and 10 miles out on the M4 I called and asked the porter for directions to help me navigate the streets of London (a first for me on the lef thand side). He advised me of the most direct route. When I joked that I would see him in 2 hours he assured me that I was less then 30 min away. Well, my 30 min and his are clearly different. I was very surprised when he rang us back on our mobile 40 minutes later: "where are you?" he asked my daughter. "somewhere downtown London," I replied. Soon we passed Harrod's and he assured us that we were on the right route. After a few wrong turns and follow-up phone calls to strighten us out again, we arrived to the porter flagging us down. We had arrived! Will I ever drive in London again? Maybe; if there's a VSC porter at the other end of my mobile!

Room Tip: Ask for one where the window is ot on the street side. In the summer I'm not sure if they provide fans for the rooms - maybe call and ask. We arrived so late that I didn't bother to ask but the room was quiet hot and humid (reflecting the outside weather).
1  Thank Catherine5050
Reviewed 29 August 2013

VSC is only a few minutes walk from Marble Arch Tube station. Immediately upon arrival the staff was attentive and helpful. Once entering my room, quite spacious for a double, I noticed the cleanliness and the fact that although I was along a very busy road the double paned glass kept things quiet. We had dinner in the club's restaurant, and the food was fantastic and a great value!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Nicole_p_k
Reviewed 28 August 2013

This was my first stay at the club and I had mixed feelings as my previous experiences with forces establishments were patchy to say the least.
I needn't have worried at all. From the moment I arrived I was treated with friendliness and with professionalism. The room and facilities were excellent and the staff were, without exception, superb with a "nothing is too much trouble" attitude.
Add to this the fact that it is 200m from marble arch tube station and the rates are amazing.
I have stayed in many 4 and 5 start hotels that have not met the standard of this club.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Frank V
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Arrived from Heathrow via the tube to the Marble Arch station and a 5 minute walk to the hotel. Service was excellent - the porters were very helpful and the receptionists were quick, friendly, and professional. We were checked in promptly and went to our rooms, which were immaculately clean and quite roomy. The bathrooms were spotless. Breakfasts were buffet style and were excellent. We felt very safe there. The beds were very comfortable.
The head porter provided excellent advice on where to go for shopping for unique items.
Would stay there again. Wonderful place, wonderful staff.

Room Tip: No fitness centre or pool. Not expected in downtown London.
1  Thank cliff w