“Exceptional value, location and comfort”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Victory Services Club
Ranked #7 of 923 Speciality Lodging in London
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I spent 4 nights at the VSC and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. It was centrally located at Marble Arch across from Hyde Park, close to Oxford Street and Park Lane so everything was within easy reach. I am a sole traveler and on arrival, I was directed to a single room on the third floor. I opened the door to a very nice room - lovely and very well appointed and very, very clean and modern. There was a single bed, a desk with a flat panel TV, tea/coffee making facilities, lovely curtains with tie-backs at 2 windows which looked down into a courtyard; a very modern and very clean bathroom with toiletries. Thankfully too, there was an iron and ironing board.
A fabulous buffet breakfast was included, and was magnificent. The only downside was that I was unable to receive WIFI in my room but was able to access this downstairs in the Reading Room (this room had lots of magazines and all the daily newspapers). The bar and bistro were a superb welcome end to a full day of sightseeing. The valet/porter at the entrance to the VSC, was exceptionally helpful and he was able to give me a map and precise directions for my daily sightseeing. I can highly recommend the VSC. Everything was perfect – wonderful staff, excellent room and magnificent breakfasts and oh so central.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank Ross-Lyn B

Reviewed 11 September 2013

While most reviews were positive, there were enough negatives to leave me a bit doubtful. What a happy relief to find a newly remodeled, spanking clean , air conditioned room with comfy beds. Oh, but these single beds may be on the short side for a six footer . Our room was right on the busy Edgeware Road, but quiet enough with windows closed and air on. We slept well! Ours was a family room with three single beds, two together, and one in separate alcove. Yes, a bIt small for three adults, but perfectly fine and as expected, or better. We managed nicely for six nights. It isn't a luxury hotel, which I appreciated....no waits for elevator, for one thing ! It retains a club- like feel with very friendly staff. Our concierge, Tony, and all others were patient and helpful with our inquiries and needs.
Yes, as mentioned on here, the carpeting had a few water stains , and some rooms may be awkwardly located ( ours was not), but the price point doesn't call for 5 star perfection. Such a bargain, and wonderful location! A right turn takes you to buses and Marble Arch Tube. A left turn leads to a quiet, elegant residential area, i.e. Conaught Square, home to Tony Blair's house. Window boxes and Flower baskets everywhere. Hyde Park is quite nearby, along with Buckingham Palace....a stroll away.
Must mention the dining room. Lovely service, nice meals , and so comfortable after a wonderfully exhausting day to " dine- in". Again, the cost was most reasonable .
I happily recommend the VSC to all who are able to take advantage of it for a great stay in London.

3  Thank Martihst
Reviewed 6 September 2013

My wife and I stayed here on august 31. we parked in q-park garage at marble arch for which the hotel gives a 50% discount on parking and is just a short walk from there. The staff were very welcoming and courteous and we stayed in room 663 on the inner area of the club. It was very quiet and we were pleased with the room. It was very clean and well presented and most important had a really good air conditioner, so important in our high humidity climate now.
The breakfast, included in the price was excellent. We would not stay anywhere else if we visit London again-superb value.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank rayhayes4995
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Excellent food, very clean rooms and friendly staff. a few minutes walk from Marble Arch and underground. A lot better than the experience at the UJ club. Porters were very good. Nice quiet atmosphere in the public areas. Thank you

2  Thank Skyegirl1968
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I cannot say enough about the wonderful staff at the VSC. The Porters are especially outstanding. When I was in the UK and 10 miles out on the M4 I called and asked the porter for directions to help me navigate the streets of London (a first for me on the lef thand side). He advised me of the most direct route. When I joked that I would see him in 2 hours he assured me that I was less then 30 min away. Well, my 30 min and his are clearly different. I was very surprised when he rang us back on our mobile 40 minutes later: "where are you?" he asked my daughter. "somewhere downtown London," I replied. Soon we passed Harrod's and he assured us that we were on the right route. After a few wrong turns and follow-up phone calls to strighten us out again, we arrived to the porter flagging us down. We had arrived! Will I ever drive in London again? Maybe; if there's a VSC porter at the other end of my mobile!

Room Tip: Ask for one where the window is ot on the street side. In the summer I'm not sure if they provi...
1  Thank Catherine5050
Reviewed 29 August 2013

VSC is only a few minutes walk from Marble Arch Tube station. Immediately upon arrival the staff was attentive and helpful. Once entering my room, quite spacious for a double, I noticed the cleanliness and the fact that although I was along a very busy road the double paned glass kept things quiet. We had dinner in the club's restaurant, and the food was fantastic and a great value!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Nicole_p_k
Reviewed 28 August 2013

This was my first stay at the club and I had mixed feelings as my previous experiences with forces establishments were patchy to say the least.
I needn't have worried at all. From the moment I arrived I was treated with friendliness and with professionalism. The room and facilities were excellent and the staff were, without exception, superb with a "nothing is too much trouble" attitude.
Add to this the fact that it is 200m from marble arch tube station and the rates are amazing.
I have stayed in many 4 and 5 start hotels that have not met the standard of this club.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo