“A great place to stay in central London”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Victory Services Club
Ranked #7 of 908 Speciality Lodging in London
Reviewed 14 October 2013

A very good place to stay, right next to marble Arch, Oxford Street and a good walk through Hyde Park towards Buckingham Palace. Stayed for 3 nights, room was very clean. Good facilities, very attentive staff, good food and nice sitting areas to relax in.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the front if you want a wifi connection, otherwise you won t get it.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 12 October 2013

It has been many years since I was last at the VSC, what a change, all for the better. Stay one night, my room was very modern and very clean; being on the sixth floor this reduced the traffic noise. The public rooms looked very fresh. Breakfast was a buffet and was of a very good standard. For central London the VSC offers good value.

Room Tip: Select a higher floor room, less nosie from outside
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Having left the services nigh on thirty years ago after a full career, I was really unaware of this Club. An old military friend put me wise, so this was my first visit with my wife and sister. We had rooms on the third floor the Centenary wing, one twin and a single. The rooms were both modern clean and well presented. The breakfast choices were comprehensive and really enjoyable. We stayed for three nights. The staff, without exception were friendly courteous and really made us feel welcome and at ease. The fine weather helped us make the most of our stay and the really helpful central location at Marble Arch, made for quite a bit of walking, to an Albert Hall Concert, and to a Drury Lane Theatre. Previous stays in London have been mainly Ok, bar from one disastrous stay in a well known Chain. This stay was very memorable for all the right reasons. Will certainly be visiting again!

Room Tip: Our rooms 302, and 324 were quiet, and all one could expect.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank george1267
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I stayed here in a premium twin room for 3 nights with my 7 yr old son. The room was lovely and clean with nice furnishings, quite small but still great. From arrival to departure everything went perfectly. The breakfast really is top notch and our whole stay was great. Lunch was lovely in the bar. The staff were great and the housekeeping did an excellent job keeping things spotless. Location is great and very handy for tube. Looking forward to visiting again.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Twmm04
Reviewed 20 September 2013

An excellent place to stay in the heart of the west end of London. Very attentive and courteous staff who were knowledgeable and able to ofer information. The rooms were clean and provided everything that might be needed or expected in a hotel room and an excellent breakfast. Thank you.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Sarah P
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I would have scored higher if I had not had to change rooms in the middle of the night due to finding bed bugs in my bed. The night manager handled it well and found me another room and checked the bed in the new room before he left. The day manager I spoke to said the hotel was not responsible for the hygiene of its guests. He did say they would get pest control in to spray the room. Room 351 if you're interested. I stayed for 2 nights on 5/6 September to attend a conference organised by SSAFA.

Other than that the staff were very helpful. I have special dietry requirements and the chef and catering staff could not have done more for me. They asked me what I could eat and cooked it for me even though it was not on the menu. My group all enjoyed their food. The rooms were clean and the bathroom was small but perfectly refurbished. I had an en-suite room but there are standard rooms with the toilets and showers along the corridor. I did look in and they were spotlessly clean considering they were shared with other guests. The hotel is in a central London location and there was traffic noise but you don't go to London for the peace and quiet. The tube was a two minute walk away by Marble Arch. There is a Sainsburys, a Tesco Express and a health food shop close by for snacks. Bar prices were expensive £1.80 for a bottle of mineral water. There are two parts to the hotel which was confusing as I came down the stairs from my room on the third floor and had to go outside the hotel and walk down the road to the other entrance to get to the reception and bar area.

Room Tip: Maybe choose the higher floors for less traffic noise. 351 was in the front by the busy road and pa...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Eleanor B
VSCMarketing, Manager at Victory Services Club, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Dear Eleanor,

We are very grateful to read the many positive things which you have written in your review. However, we regret you had an unfortunate experience during your stay which was a completely isolated incident and not in keeping with our policies, however please be assured that the issue has now been professionally dealt with.

Unfortunately, as you did not make this booking personally, we do not have your contact details. Our Operations Manager, Mark Field would like to speak with you to discuss the matter so that we can make sure that any appropriate lessons are learned, please could you kindly contact him at the Club.

We very much hope that by reviewing the other feedback on this site that you will see that the Club prides itself on offering the highest levels of service to our guests and are always responsive to feedback when it is given.

Regards

Mark Field
Operations Manager

Reviewed 17 September 2013

I spent 4 nights at the VSC and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. It was centrally located at Marble Arch across from Hyde Park, close to Oxford Street and Park Lane so everything was within easy reach. I am a sole traveler and on arrival, I was directed to a single room on the third floor. I opened the door to a very nice room - lovely and very well appointed and very, very clean and modern. There was a single bed, a desk with a flat panel TV, tea/coffee making facilities, lovely curtains with tie-backs at 2 windows which looked down into a courtyard; a very modern and very clean bathroom with toiletries. Thankfully too, there was an iron and ironing board.
A fabulous buffet breakfast was included, and was magnificent. The only downside was that I was unable to receive WIFI in my room but was able to access this downstairs in the Reading Room (this room had lots of magazines and all the daily newspapers). The bar and bistro were a superb welcome end to a full day of sightseeing. The valet/porter at the entrance to the VSC, was exceptionally helpful and he was able to give me a map and precise directions for my daily sightseeing. I can highly recommend the VSC. Everything was perfect – wonderful staff, excellent room and magnificent breakfasts and oh so central.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo