“remembrance”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Victory Services Club
Ranked #7 of 928 Speciality Lodging in London
Reviewed 11 November 2013

just stayed the weekend at victory service club had fab weekend service, rooms, and staff excelent thank you everyone especially the lady who found the two ladies in the coridor their new room 407 would stay their again thank you

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 9 November 2013

I very much like staying in the VSC. The rooms have been upgraded and features like IP TV and Internet are valued. The food is good and the concierge staff are very helpful. The location is also good for Central London meetings with Marble Arch underground station around the corner.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jonathan H
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I stayed 5 nights in October, and thoroughly enjoyed my stay! The room was clean, spacious, very quiet, and well equipped. Just ask for a hair dryer if you need one. The Buffett breakfast was on par with a 5 star hotel! The concierge staff were knowledgable and courteous. I had easy access to a safe, and my security was never in doubt (I am a single female traveler). The Marble Arch tube is 5 minutes walk. Brilliant holiday!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Palaceathena
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I stayed at the VSC for the first time last weekend. The staff were pleasant and helpful, the room was comfortable and well furnished (the bed was incredibly comfy!).The breakfast next morning was to die for! I would have no hesitation in stopping again. Fantastic value!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We stayed at the Club in total for two weeks and found the location perfect. It is only a couple of minutes walk to Marble Arch. The club is in Seymour Rd, near the intersection with Edgeware Road. Many bus routes also go down Edgeware Road. Oxford Street is only a couple of minutes walk away - and again many buses. Purchasing a travel pass is a good move, as it allows you to get on any bus or train/underground as many times as you like during the life of the pass.

We stayed in the Centenary Wing which is one of the newer refurbished areas. The room, while not super-large, is quite adequate and it has everything you would need, including tea/coffee making facilities, iron/ironing board, internet and air-conditioning/heating etc. The en-suite bathroom is very modern. The beds are super-comfortable also. We liked the fact the beds had normal sheets, blanket and a bedspread. No doonas to be found here.

The breakfast which was included in our package, was really nice - it is buffet style English Breakfast with almost anything you could eat for an English Breakfast. Lots of choice for cereals also, and plenty of different types of breads for toasting.

Every one of the staff we came across was more than helpful and obliging - they really do go out of their way to ensure you have an enjoyable stay. They checked-in our airline ticket on line for us, and printed up our boarding pass the day before it was time to leave. It is these small things that make us want to go back there when we return to London again in a year or two. They also stored one of our luggage bags when we left for a few days in Europe before we finally returned back to the club on our way home. Can't speak highly enough of this place - it is a peaceful, quiet place to stay - no noise around like you might get in a big hotel as most people staying here are mature aged people, although there are a lot of younger ones also (perhaps serving in the forces personnel).

Thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Travel-shopper
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I spent the weekend at the VSC and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. It is centrally located at Marble Arch across from Hyde Park, close to Oxford Street and Park Lane so everything was within easy reach. I have even walked as far as Leicester Square from the VSC. I have stayed here before as I am still serving. One of the many great things about the VSC is the option to chose the room to suit your budget. If you're only staying for one night on your own - go for a single with shared facility! Check the web site for photos.
This time I stayed with my partner and booked a double ensuite. I opened the door to a very nice room; very clean and modern. There was king sized bed, a desk with a flat panel TV, tea and coffee making facilities, a very modern and very clean bathroom with toiletries. Thankfully too, there was an iron and ironing board.
breakfast is optional but you can easily pay for it, and it was magnificent.
I stayed in the Centenary wing and I was able to receive WIFI in my room.
You can also access Wifi downstairs in the Reading Room, where you can also find lots of magazines and all the daily newspapers. The bar and bistro were welcoming and at the of a full day of sightseeing I didn't want to venture far. I had a sandwich lunch in the bar and that was also good. The concierge and porter at the entrance to the VSC, couldn't have been more helpful or friendly and they are able to give you a map and directions for sightseeing.
I can highly recommend the VSC. Everything was perfect – wonderful staff, excellent room and a magnificent breakfast and location location location!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pipsqueak67
Reviewed 28 October 2013

fantastic hotel , great rooms, the restaurant is amazing the chef 'Lee' is calm cool and a brill chef , Gordon ramsey you need to watch him in action, supported by great staff.
we are so lucky to be members of this club.
thanks all.