All reviews marble arch memorial wing the union jack club armed services shared facilities oxford street hyde park excellent accommodation public rooms a great place to stay central london location home from home when visiting london concierge staff tea and coffee making facilities full english breakfast west end
Reviewed 9 November 2017

although was |£140 for one night, with food extra it was still a great stay

great location and so close to Hyde Park and Oxford Street.

very helpful staff, asked for information regarding bus trips and could buy tickets from reception, however i got them over the road at Marble Arch and were alot cheaper.

good standards, food was great and plentiful

Room Tip: rooms can be a distance from lift, advise if you have mobility issues any mobility difficulties then i would advise when booking.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Stayed with family during the October half term holiday. This was my first stay/time at VSC and I have to say it will not be my last.
The welcome from concierge was lovely and check in was quick and efficient.
The room was spacious and very clean. We had afternoon tea which was amazing with beautifully presented goodies and for the price paid it was amazing.
We ate in the grill in the evening and again the experience was faultless, lovely food and the service was first class.
Breakfast in the morning was plentiful and tasty.
We drove into London and used the Q Park on Park Lane as recommended, this worked an absolute treat and as confirmed we received 50% discount when asking at reception to 'frank' the parking ticket.
We will never stay anywhere else again in London again based on the first class service we received, thank you.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2017

I accompanied my Father to a BSAP regimental dinner here at the end of September. The meal was a sit down affair with 3 courses (I think the price was £32 a head, probably discounted due to numbers) served by very good staff. The meal was hot on arrival, they catered for special dietary requirements without any fuss.
The hall was a good size with at least 12 big tables capable of seating 10 comfortably.
The drinks were reasonably priced compared to other London restaurant prices. This is the third time I've been over the last 5 years and it continues to be a good venue. Easy to get to on the tube or bus from any of the central train stations. I stayed a night once before and the room was well appointed and comfortable with onsuite bathroom.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Good comfortable clean room, Great value for just over £60 per night B&B for a central London location. Very friendly and helpful staff, excellent breakfast. Only slight criticism is bar service can be slow.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 October 2017

I have visited several times now, latest with my eleven year old daughter for a couple of nights. Staff were as fantastic as ever, very friendly and attentive. Food good (if a little basic in the Grill) is well cooked and presented, and is reasonably priced. Location is a big plus with VSC given the easy access to the tube, Hyde Park on the doorstep and 15 min walk from Paddington. Accommodation is comfortable, well presented and well maintained. If I had to suggest an area for improvement, it would to cater a bit better for children and families. Overall though we think VSC is great, and look forward to next year's October half term.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family