“Awful!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Pimlico
Reviewed 30 December 2013

The staff certainly cannot be accused of being inattentive! Indeed, what was supposed to be a pleasant meal felt more like a constant invigilation. Their smiles betrayed malevolence and the portions were miserly to say the least. The kebab consisted of 3 or 4 pieces of meat which looked like they had been given the microwave treatment, and the food was way overpriced. The toilets were dirty and bizarrely situated next to a kitchen/dungeon which was home to some weird washing rituals. I mean, do you really want your wife to see a man with his shirt off throwing water over his body as she makes her way to the toilet? I guessed not, so give this place a wide berth. Even the high commercial rents that restauranteurs have to face are no excuse for this hellhole's abject failings.

1  Thank Leo655
There are newer reviews for Spicy World

Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

We went here as a last resort with hungry children, although the food was good the bill is the real problem could not make head nor tail of some of it and when asked to be explained suddenly their grasp of English dissapeared! They asked for cash three times card machine didn't work first time and when did looking at card receipt it had my whole card number on it!! Highly suspicious and I would advise avoid at all costs!

1  Thank Vesper000
Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

We went in because it took Tastecard but guess what? Not for the lunchtime buffet.

The buffet was poor with a very limited choice. I left most of my plate of food as it simply didn't taste good.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Food is not tasty, orverpriced, they charge papadam not ordered, 15% service. pushy staff. I do not recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

Average food, terrible service.

The toilets were flooded and dripping through the ceiling. We were told we could only pay in cash so the manager could "pay the staff their wages." We asked for the service charge to be removed as the service had been terrible and were told it is not optional.

I would not return.