“Great service and very nice dishes”
Review of Indian Diner

Indian Diner
Ranked #9,391 of 23,697 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Westminster
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Was looking for a spot close to the doubletree. A nice short walk past Vincent fields. They were very welcoming a service was fast and friendly. Not sure why they called it a 'diner' far from it and I think it turns people away perhaps due to the greasy spoon connotation.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We had a nice welcome in this indian restaurant, near St James Park. Well installed on a big table for 2, we ordered two menus with various dishes, starters, meat, and indian bread. Nice meat and also a good house red wine, all for a moderate price (25 £ each)

Reviewed 16 March 2014

My Wife and I have just had a takeaway from Indian Diner and what a let down, I had a lamb tikka massala (slightly hotter than normal) and was so disappointed with the amount of lamb, 6 small pieces,it tasted fine but the portion size was left lacking to the point it would off being labelled as Tikka Massala Soup.
I phoned to complain and whilst apologetic never once offered to rectify the problem.
Sadly we wont be using them again.

1  Thank memnoch2495
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Found this nice Indian restaurant when I was on my way to another place. But this one looked nice and was closer to my hotel so I went in.
The place is not very cosy but the food was excellent and served with speed.
20 pounds for a starter and a main including a large lassi was a bargin.
Others have complained about minimum spending and not serving singles. I didn't see any minimum spending note in the menu. I was alone and was served without problem.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We went there for three evenings in a row and chose many different dishes. Some were very well done (a very hot chicken pathia) others a little bit disappointing (too much garlic in the aloo gobi). They employ vegetables of very good quality and, in fact, we found their dishes good also when the spices were, to us, not perfectly equilibrated. Overall, of course, we were quite happy of that place, also because they are so nice to offer a rose to ladies at the end of the dinner.