“Fabulous Food”

Indian Diner
Ranked #7,210 of 22,376 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Westminster
“Fabulous Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Was recommended to try this restaurant by a friend, and am so glad we did pop in, seeing as it's only 5 minutes walk from where we have just moved to. The food was incredible, lamb was so tender it melted in my mouth, my wife's dish was great too, since we asked for a less spicy dish. The water we had could have been stored on a refrigerator instead of just pouring it over a couple of ice cubes. The house wine was ok but I went for a nice Cobra beer. Dessert was delightful and so was the "Irish Coffee".
A little gem, slightly off the beaten track but well worth seeking out. Full marks to the staff who also gave my wife a single rose when we departed :)

• Visited June 2014

• Finnish first
Chennai
“Worst Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

I went to this restaurant during my visit in london. i have been traveling london for 2 weeks and before my tour ends i wanted to try a indian restaurant in london. near my hotel i saw this place and walked in.I saw 4 people working there and they must be from burma or bhutan., the restaurant was empty and nobody bother to welcome me and i just went inside one guy came and took order and again he went to chat after some time they served food as if they are giving it for free, suddenly they heard their owner coming they were pretending as if they are working,i was really shocked to see this., poor owner he didn't know that they were cheating on him. Food was really good and if their service was good this restaurant is good to recommend. The worst experience i had in this restaurant is after my bill one guy asked me how was the food? i replied him, food was really good but it would have been best if your service was good as well,gestures of all 4 was really bad and this is not the way the restaurant should function.,one guy suddenly said on my face we know what to do and you mind your business. i was like what the hell?.. as usual had big fight for this worst behavior with this cheapskates.,overall good restaurant but poor service., I feel owner should be aware of what is happening in his place.So that he can get good reviews on tripadvisor. I am sorry to write this review in this way..

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Balajisma
London, United Kingdom
“BEST INDIAN RESTAURANT IN THIS AREA”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

My husband and I recently came here for a meal and we were very happy with the service and the food. I chose the Vegetable Biryani and he chose the Chicken Biryani and we both had some Pappadums and mixed chutney. Apart from the food being delicious, the waiting staff let us enjoy the food without coming over every few minutes which made a pleasant change. It is also very reasonably priced. I have been to other Indian restaurants in the area but, in my opinion, this is the best one. Long may it continue to be so.

• Visited April 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Good food and good prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

We took friends to the Indian Diner for their first visit - they've lived nearby for years but eschewed its delights. They were impressed. The food isn't exactly haute cuisine or whatever the Hindi is for that, but it's good and it's sensibly priced. And the service is fine. As we left around 9.00 pm, the much more expensive Italian resto next door had two diners, the Indian Diner had a nearly full house - says it all!

• Visited May 2014
UK
“Nice Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

I first went to this place in the early 80s. Much has changed and it's now a bright well-appointed restaurant. Good menu, decent price and the food was both speedy and excellent. The staff were friendly and even checked that I really wanted the ordered dish as it was a bit hot. V professional.

Food in many Indian restaurants is improving all the time and this is no exception. £34 for 2 including 2 pints of Kingfisher. Good value.

• Visited April 2014