Review Highlights
Great class and amazing teacher!

Reviewed 8 November 2018

from US$32.87
from US$103.86
from US$47.33
More Info
All reviews sushi master sushi making sushi class sushi rice birthday present two hours great fun yuka instructor labours beginners masterclass teaching instructions
Reviewed 8 November 2018 via mobile

Myself and my other half attended the sushi masterclass as a birthday present. Yuka could not have made everyone feel more welcome, really engaging whilst teaching and very funny and cheeky too! She gave everyone in the group support and came around chatting to us while we tried out several creations which we then had with a beer. She is very charming, interesting, knowledgable and warm - you will love meeting her! Highly recommended. Enjoy :)

Date of experience: November 2018
1  Thank JJleigh24
Reviewed 14 August 2018

As a beginner, I found the class to be as enjoyable as it was beneficial. The instructor was welcoming and was able to break down the process of making sushi into simple steps. I highly recommend this class for really anyone to enjoy!

Date of experience: August 2018
1  Thank Sara A
Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

I can not recommend this sushi making class enough. I purchased two places as a gift for my brother’s 30th birthday.
Upon arrival we were greeted, invited to wash our hands and select a preparation space.
Yuka welcomed ourselves and the other ten individuals and explained a little about her experience and qualifications. She was extremely warm and knowledgable.
After discussing with us how best to prepare sushi rice on different types of stove, Yuka demonstrated how to prepare hoso-maki. We were then at our own stations with Yuka and her assistant circling the class offering help where needed. Yuka then demonstrated how to prepare both the California roll and giant sushi roll. Yuka accepted any questions we had at any point. Finally Yuka demonstrated cutting of the rolls and we were then all invited to select a drink of our choice with our meal, including various soft drinks, wine, beer and sake. Both still and sparkling water were provided throughout. As we are and chatted Yuka provided some very high quality ginger, soy sauce and wasabi.
Finally we said goodbye. Yuka could not have been more informative and friendly. She gave prizes of introductory sushi sets and sent all recipes to us via email. I would recommend this activity to anyone interested in learning how to prepare sushi, but also anyone looking for a fun social evening!
Thank-you again to the Sozai Cooking School for making my brother’s 30th extra special!

Date of experience: July 2018
1  Thank larakirby2018
Reviewed 25 May 2018

The class was very welcoming and suitable for all cooking ability levels. It was amazing that we could cook all the elements of ramen in just two hours. Everything was clearly explained and the extra information about the culture and varieties of ramen was interesting. Of course, the meal at the end was delicious and I feel able to replicate it at home.

Date of experience: May 2018
2  Thank David P
Reviewed 5 April 2018

The class was very enjoyable and fun! Yuka is so engaging and really makes cooking fun. What I really liked was the fact that she didn't provide a recipe during the class which really made us focus on her and listen to her instructions rather than get distracted by reading the recipe. She encourages everyone which was really helpful for me because it pushed me to keep trying even if I thought I wasn't doing it right. At the end of the session there were complimentary drinks such as a Japanese rice wine called Sake, beer, wine and some soft drinks too! I will definitely be going again it was an amazing experience.

Date of experience: March 2018