“Convenient and Personal”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Hammersmith Thames Walk Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #193 of 573 London B&B and Inns
Durham, North Carolina
“Convenient and Personal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

Brigid offers thorough advice on tourning the area and we even hired her for a private tour of Oxford. The rooms were rented at a very reasonable rate and included all the basic necessities. We found Hammersmith to be a convenient location and often walked along the river instead of taking the bus to the closest underground stop. There were some lovely touches such as fresh daffodils and camillias placed in our rooms as well as hand squeezed orange juice to accompany the simple continental toast and coffee for breakfast. We enjoyed our stay!

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Laura B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here! My friend and I are young female travellers from Australia, and we stayed four nights in London. The B&B is very charming, well-decorated and very comfortable. It really fits the picture of a homely English house and makes a lovely place to stay! It is near Hammersmith station, making travel into London on the underground or bus very easy. Brigid is a great and friendly hostess and knows a lot about the best places to visit in London. Her recommendations helped us plan our itinerary each day in London. Breakfast was nice, beds were very comfortable, overall a great stay (contrary to one of the comments here, we saw nothing to support such a nasty opinion!).

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank EvelynLClarke
Leuven, Vlaams-Brabant, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2013

I stayed here several times and appreciated the hospitality of the landlady. Clean cosy room and bathroom. Very good place to stay when you want a cheap (single) accommodation. Nice quite place , situated near the bus stop and only a few minutes walk to the underground.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Coundon, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

I have been a regular guest at this Bed and Breakfast Accmmodation since the l990s. As a businessman I often recommend this delightful and comfortable accommodation to friends and colleagues. A recent referral phoned me up to ask if I had seen the negative comments with photographs put on the internet. I contacted the owner who informed me that these were taken in her absence without her permission by American guests. They had entered rooms clearly marked "private". It is illegal to take interior photographs of a private home without the owner's permission. I am surprised that Tripadvisor as a well known company should cooperate in displaying these photographs without first checking that they were taken with the owner's permission.
I learnt that this guest had ignored the required procedure for house keys and security there of. His behaviour in several other matters was clearly out of order. I therefore wish to counter his comments by highly recommending this B&B.
I would like to add that when I have visited I have seen the warm welcome visitors from overseas receive from this experienced landlady. She is able to give them expert information, help and advice so all their needs are met and at a very reasonable B&B rate.
My friends and colleagues have told me they were very happy with their stay at this very clean, welcoming B&B!
Thank you for our brilliant stay, we will see you again soon!
Mr & Mrs Stokeld.

Room Tip: Please note, the swimming pool and fitness centre is not 'terrible' as rated, it has been pu...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Claire I
Monterey, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

This private home is located in a pleasant neighborhood of row houses, on a quiet street two blocks from the Thames River. The good news ends there. We have stayed at many B&Bs over the years, but nothing as bad as this. The home was well worn, inside and out. Entry, front bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, dining room and lounge, though superficially clean, were cluttered with a mix of worn furniture, antiques, odds and ends, including cleaning supplies openly stashed in the corners of the kitchen and bath. The kitchen which faced the dining room was particularly bad, with a variety of items filling the counter space and spilling unto the floor, pots and pans stacked on the stove which didn't appear to be used, and an ironing board set up in the middle of it all. We noted an old mouse trap under a side cabinet in the dining room and an insect trap under the old claw foot tub in the bathroom. Folding chairs and a dusty toolbox were also stashed in the bathroom. A bicycle was parked in the dining room. Worst of all was the treatment we received from Brigid, our hostess. My husband had come by about noon to drop off our luggage and pick up the keys, saying that we would return after dinner. She said that was fine and that she had some information she wanted to give us. When we returned at 11 PM, we were greeted by a very irate Brigid, who berated us for not having come sooner. (Her website states that guests are given a key so that they can "come and go".) The information she wanted to give consisted in telling us to close doors quietly and turn off the hall light. She gave us instructions on how to turn on the shower and advised us that she would be gone by 7:30 AM, but would leave food out for us. She could have easily given this information to my husband when he was there earlier in the day... Or left a note... Or at least informed us of the hour when she retired. The next morning, we hurriedly fixed our breakfast of toast, cold cereal, juice, and coffee. We were the only ones there. We left immediately after and found much better lodging in the nearby Earl's Court District. I could go on, but suffice it to say that our one night here was thoroughly unpleasant. In more than forty years of travel around the world, this is the first time I have been verbally assaulted by the hostess.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank MCN-Travels
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

I have stayed there several times, always fun and fantastic. The host has a great knowledge of London and her country, England, which is handy for any guest new to the UK. Can save lots of time being pointed in the right direction. She is located in a very central position close to the Thame. She has a very good knowledge of the London transport system as well. Her house is full of old english charm and interesting things which adds to a pleasurable stay. I have recommended friends from Australia and they have all enjoyed it as well.

Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Denste_12
Montevideo, Uruguay
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

I stayed at this b&b more than once, and allways thouroughly enjoyed this charming place, full of charachter, beautifully decorated, classy yet cassual. The landlady allways helpfull is a delightfull person, great source of informarion and interesting conversations ! Many firends stayed as well, I strongly reccomend this place !

Room Tip: My preferred room is on the first floor, next to the staircase !
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo