Travelodge London Central Southwark
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$212
US$153
US$256
Autograph
  • Room Service
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$114
US$269
US$201
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$120
US$218
US$191
galahotels.com
2,359 results
All reviewssouthwark underground stationgreat locationgreat view of the shardrailway linesouth bankfamily roomtravel lodgeborough marketroom was cleanglobe theatrelondon eyeair conminute walkbudget hoteltesco expressreception staffearly check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Travelodges are all a bit samey, but some stand out and this is one. It's a only a two minute walk from Southwark tube on the Jubilee line.
Check in was easy, the room was freshly refurbished so bright and clean, but you don't stay in travelodges to stay in the hotel. Everything worked, the room was serviced during the days, the heating worked, and the hotel kept clean.

I didn't use the bar or restaurant/care facilities.

Overall, good value, clean, great location. I'd stay again

Room Tip: Higher up floors facing the river give great views of the city
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 November 2013

This hotel is OK to sleep in, but do not try the food.

The rooms are adequately decorated, albeit those facing the railway are quite small. Ask for a room on the front as they are bigger.

The canteen (it's definitely not a restaurant) is very basic and the food is heated pre-cooked and frozen food. Not good at all.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed in this travelodge whilst visiting London with friends. It is one of the better travelodges I have stayed in, Excellent staff, very helpful and of a very clean standard with everything in working order. I would highly recommend this hotel. It is a very short walk from the tube station (200yards) and very central to what we wanted. (leicester sq, picadilly etc) The bar is open 24 hours which is great and theres also a convenience shop next door which is also open 24 hours. I will be booking this hotel on my next visit to London.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I stayed at this Travelodge recently when I was in London for business. This is not my first hotel chain choice, but it was close to the office and functional to a point.
Check in was efficient and the lady was friendly. The WiFi is available in the canteen - cannot be called a restaurant - but was very a sketchy connection and therefore unreliable. The room was basic, but clean and spacious. If you require a hair dryer, iron and ironing board, you must collect these from reception.
I stayed for two nights. On my first night I went out for dinner to the Southbank Centre, which was only a twenty minute walk. Before going to bed, I had a drink in the pub across the road which was great. On the second night, I worked late and got to the hotel canteen after ten. The full menu was no longer available and the reduced menu had items sold out or unavailable. I was tired and hungry and should have got something on my way back from the office, because what I bought from the canteen was awful. It consisted of a frozen microwaved cheese and tomato panini, microwaved chips and coleslaw that did not taste of coleslaw. Needless to say, I did not eat much of the meal.
If I was staying in London for pleasure and was unlikely to spend much time in the hotel, especially for my culinary needs, I would consider staying at a Travelodge in the future. However, when I am travelling on business, some creature comforts are required, and this hotel did not measure up. For example, room service consists of going to order and take a tray up to your room self service.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Care at Travelodge London Central Southwark, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Thank you for your review Sheona M. Our hotels do not offer room service as a brand standard; this is so we can continue to offer great rates in great locations. It is regrettable to learn that the food fell below our usual standards during your stay, our bar café staff are fully trained in how to prepare our food to a great standard. We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused on this occasion and we’ll be sure to pass on your feedback on to our hotel management team so this can be addressed. Our Wi-fi service is offered through one of our partners called Aquiva who we will be contacting directly to inform them of the issues you had with the connectivity in the bar cafe.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Clean & tidy with everything in place and working (not always the T'lodge case !) & decent hot breakfast for the price - but also good local alternatives if you prefer.

We stayed Friday night and were disturbed a bit by noisy parties returning : and should have asked for room on higher floor & away from the lift which would have been better.

But will use again as price is well below local alternatives.

Room Tip: higher up & end of corridor away from lift/stairs
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple