“Weekend for the NFL game”

Travelodge London Central Southwark
Ranked #420 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed in a room with two mates for the NFL game. Stayed two nights.
The price was incredibly cheap. I think we paid less than £60 per night. Worked out at less than £40 each for two nights accommodation in London.
The room was clean, though small. The service on reception was minimal. However, this is exactly what we expected. Budget accommodation.
Would stay again if looking for somewhere similar. I.e a base to crash, close to tube etc.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,231)

Reviewed 27 December 2013

The service we received was excellent . The room was clean and fresh .
It is situated very handily for Waterloo station and the underground system . Also ideally located for the south bank
The only drawback was the decidedly lack of channels on the tv and the wi-fi was a tad expensive

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 27 December 2013

This was the best option for location on our company's list of available hotels with B&B (cost is always an issue). I always suspect this chain to be cheap and cheerful, but I was pleasantly surprised at both the service and quality of rooms. No they don't provide toiletries, but most people bring their own anyway. Tea/coffee making facilities and a TV OK, but I forgot to ask for a hairdryer when booking in, and so did many others as you will notice at breakfast (PS no phone in the room either). I didn't hear any trains during the night and I could see the track from my room which also overlooked the Nelson pub. I opted for an evening meal in the cafe/bar,very friendly staff and a good meal. Breakfast was serve yourself, and everything you could possibly want was available. Would be nice to have proper orange juice though. Would stay here again for work as it is close to the London office, and has good facilities nearby, or for a short break.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Hotel was well placed for Borough Market and other attractions south of the river. Also very close to a tube station. We expected basic but clean accommodation and that's exactly what we got. At £55 for a double room with breakfast how can you complain ? Suggest trying to get room on north side as a railtrack on the south runs all night.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 24 December 2013

My daughter and I stayed here the last weekend before Christmas. After a pretty stressful time travelling to London we arrived at the travelodge.
The man on reception was so friendly and helpful we immediately felt better and glad to be there.
Every single member of staff at the hotel went out of there way to be friendly and helpful and we would definitely stay there again. Only 2 mins from tube as well.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 December 2013

We stayed here for five nights at the end of a four week holiday in Europe and were very happy in virtually every respect. The room was easily large enough for the three of us and was spotlessly cleaned every morning. Hotel staff were all friendly and efficient, but we were not told until the last night that there was free wi-fi in the cafe/bar area. The cost of wi-fi in rooms is prohibitive. Breakfast, despite what we had read, was excellent with good variety, all freshly cooked. Location is perfect for exploring London. Travelodge has made a big deal about their new beds and we found these extremely comfortable - they lived up to the hype. Some storage space would have been useful - there are no wardrobes.

Room Tip: We stayed in 221. It was large and quiet. Perfect for 3 or 4 people.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Greg K
Reviewed 21 December 2013

The hotel is located in a good central location. Easy access to the tube, Southwark Tube Station, which is on the jubliee line, is just 5 minutes walk away and buses no.45 and no63 are just 2 minutes walk away.
There is a Tesco local located next door to the hotel and bars/pubs and a Nando's within easy walking distance.
I have previosly stayed in Travelodge hotels in the past and I have always had good experiences.
My stay at this Travelodge, was very disappointing. I was allocated room 712, which is located on the top floor. I had read that the hotel was recently renovated so I was expecting a reasonable statndard, I was wrong.The room backs onto train tracks, so you do experience train noise throughout the night, this didn't bother me.
What I found unacceptable was the following;
1) Carpet Burn - Looked like from an iron.
2) Bedlinen & Towels not washed properly.
3)Heating was not working properly - During the night I was absolutely freezing. I had to put my cardigan on and place my coat over the duvet.
4) The plumbing in the bathroom - everytime the toilet flushed or you used the shower, an awful loud noise would ensue.

The positives for this hotel is its location to the City, great staff( especially the receptionist who booked me in, very polite and professional) cleanliness of the room and a great comfortable bed.

I was happy to check out and was glad that I didn't opt for the option of a two night stay here.

Hopefully, the hotel management can iron out this little issues and then this would be a good budget choice in the City.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Bettyboop809
TravelodgeUK, Dianne from Customer Care at Travelodge London Central Southwark, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

We are really sorry to learn of the problems you experienced during your stay Bettyboop809. Our linens and towels should always be cleaned to high standards and we’d also expect the facilities within our rooms to be in good working order. We want our customers to be comfortable and we are truly sorry to hear that your room was cold. The heaters should be working and our customers may also request for extra duvets and blankets from reception. We’d like to investigate the concerns you have raised, please visit the contact us section on our website and please be sure to indicate you have left a TripAdvisor review.