“Short Break”

Travelodge London Central Southwark
Ranked #416 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Nice hotel with great staff(gentleman who checked us in in particular....on Sun 25th May around 2.45pm) in a very convenient location. Fantastic value for money. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
1  Thank sarah19241927
Write a ReviewReviews (2,190)

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Booked in for 5 nights but since the second day no one has cleaned my room, changed my towels or made the bed and that is a problem when you are disabled. Complained three times, went and collected my own towels (well my carer did) and finally on the last full day my room was done....sort of..the sheets have been put on the bed still doubled so we have to make them ourselves.

No service and no apparent concern from the managers, I always chose Travelodge because you knew what you got in a disabled room but never again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank darthonian
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Excellent location, clean and tidy rooms, no noise so a good nights sleep after a long day seeing the sights
Could do with more than 30mins free wifi per day
The tube station was up the road and a convenient Tesco around the corner,
I would definately recommend this

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
1  Thank robsy
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I have stayed in this hotel on several occasions, and whilst the location is great the same cannot be said about the hotel. The staff are extremely polite and friendly, however on my first night there was a huge bag of rubbish in the lift as I got to my room.

Each room I have stayed in seems to have a random noise generator, in fact the higher up you go the worse it gets! My first night was spent playing an exciting game of "Where is that noise coming from" which lasted for about 5 hours.

The next night was spent literally shivering as the duvet was about a millimeter thick and it was extremely cold. The heater in the room barely kept it warm.

Finally on the last night when I had failed my exam as I couldn't concentrate due to lack of sleep the air-conditioning had developed a constant gurgle.

Imagine HOW delighted I was to discover that I was staying in this hotel again. As I had left my camping gear at home I had no choice but to accept the insomnia. I bought some sleeping tablets with me on this occasion.

I had the legendary room 613 which had a constant noise (which I think is something to do with the lift shaft) this kept me up again despite taking several tablets. I did not have much confidence in my ability to pass the other exam.

Fortunately I was swapped for another room and whilst it was significantly quieter it had the same random noise generator in the air-conditioning which mean that my sleep was very much disturbed on a random basis.

My last night (again failed exam) was the worst night I have ever spent in a hotel - I simply did not sleep at all!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank InsomniaMan
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Recently stayed here for five nights. I chose the place for its proximity to Southwark tube stop and the South Bank, and it was perfect on those fronts. There is a shop next door for snacks, plenty of pubs and restaurants nearby, and it's just a few feet from the tube and not much further to the river. The room was fine and service friendly enough. The small bottle of soap they offered was never replaced, but a traveling companion in a different room asked for a replacement and one was supplied promptly. The place isn't the most and the window coverings could do a better job of keeping out the light, but these were small complaints for a decent room at a very good price.

Room Tip: There is a train right by the hotel, and higher rooms will probably be quieter. I stayed on the sixt...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ncprof
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Great location only 2 minutes walk to the tube. Very clean with fresh towels daily. Free quiet AC/heater in rooms. Can be hit and miss with noise. Some rooms you can hear terrible noise when water running in other rooms only lasts while water is running but if someone decides to have shower at midnight you will be kept awake. Other rooms you don't hear a thing. I stayed here with my Mum her room had water noise problems mine had none. Good breakfast buffet, standard for Travelodge. You can't check in early unless you pay £10 even if its 5 mins early and if you want to leave bags you will be charged for that. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask to be on upper floors to avoid noise from tracks and the pub opposite.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed here for one night in April, was really impressed! Close to train station, rooms were very clean and Modern. Breakfast was delicious, worth the money. A special mention to the staff, very friendly and helpful, i will definitely stay here again :-D

• Stayed: April 2014