“Super staff.”

Travelodge London Central Southwark
Ranked #414 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 2 June 2014

So easy to find from the tube station and ideally located for Central London but what struck me the most about this hotel was the friendliness and professionalism of each and every staff member I encountered, particularly the gentleman on reception (didn't catch his name sadly).
Was looking forward to the breakfast buffet and this didn't disappoint!
Overall a great experience.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bellastartle

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Well mantained and excellent location. The rooms are quite basic but the value is good for the money invested. If your budget is limited I strong recommend this hotel. I just wish it had a fridge in the room and the internet were faster and free.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Rather a tired looking hotel; nothing to really write home about.
The rooms were functional and generally ok but fixtures and fittings were looking their age and no character in the decor at all. A very typical Travelodge hotel. Had to ask for some toiletries as none in the room. Great view of the Shard but also the railway lines and noise did penetrate the windows.
Breakfast was what one comes to expect from such hotels - everything in cellophane packets, the typical english cooked breakfast, no such things as fresh fruit and cheeses/meats. Breakfast room far too small and soulless - quickly becomes loud; not a place for a relaxing breakfast. Would suggest one of the good cafes in the vicinity.
However, all the personnel were very pleasant which is important in any hotel. Also the location is good for business and tourists - this part of London has much more charm than more well known areas.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Nice hotel with great staff(gentleman who checked us in in particular....on Sun 25th May around 2.45pm) in a very convenient location. Fantastic value for money. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sarah19241927
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Booked in for 5 nights but since the second day no one has cleaned my room, changed my towels or made the bed and that is a problem when you are disabled. Complained three times, went and collected my own towels (well my carer did) and finally on the last full day my room was done....sort of..the sheets have been put on the bed still doubled so we have to make them ourselves.

No service and no apparent concern from the managers, I always chose Travelodge because you knew what you got in a disabled room but never again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank darthonian
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Excellent location, clean and tidy rooms, no noise so a good nights sleep after a long day seeing the sights
Could do with more than 30mins free wifi per day
The tube station was up the road and a convenient Tesco around the corner,
I would definately recommend this

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank robsy
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I have stayed in this hotel on several occasions, and whilst the location is great the same cannot be said about the hotel. The staff are extremely polite and friendly, however on my first night there was a huge bag of rubbish in the lift as I got to my room.

Each room I have stayed in seems to have a random noise generator, in fact the higher up you go the worse it gets! My first night was spent playing an exciting game of "Where is that noise coming from" which lasted for about 5 hours.

The next night was spent literally shivering as the duvet was about a millimeter thick and it was extremely cold. The heater in the room barely kept it warm.

Finally on the last night when I had failed my exam as I couldn't concentrate due to lack of sleep the air-conditioning had developed a constant gurgle.

Imagine HOW delighted I was to discover that I was staying in this hotel again. As I had left my camping gear at home I had no choice but to accept the insomnia. I bought some sleeping tablets with me on this occasion.

I had the legendary room 613 which had a constant noise (which I think is something to do with the lift shaft) this kept me up again despite taking several tablets. I did not have much confidence in my ability to pass the other exam.

Fortunately I was swapped for another room and whilst it was significantly quieter it had the same random noise generator in the air-conditioning which mean that my sleep was very much disturbed on a random basis.

My last night (again failed exam) was the worst night I have ever spent in a hotel - I simply did not sleep at all!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business