“Does the job :)”

Travelodge London Central Southwark
Ranked #414 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I needed somewhere to stay last minute in London due to work and this was the only place I could find that was decent value for money. Ive never had an issue with Travelodges, yes they arent overly luxurious and not always amazing standards but for what you pay and for somewhere just to rest your head at night, its fine! Great location, I must say this is a bit of a hidden gem as it is really centrally located and everything is either walkable or with a short 2 min walk to the station you can get anywhere! Its a little noisy if your on the trainline side but again not really an issue and I would imagine most people sleep through it like I did! Breakfast was good, standard buffet type food but the staff were friendly. I would def stay again for business or if I was just lookng for a base!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,190)

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed here for a weekend, good location, close to the undergound and the river thames.

Very small but basic rooms. All very clean.

The only negative would have the the cleaning staff, when we left our room for the day at about 11.30am she grunted and shrugged her shoulder as she now had another room to clean. very unprofessional an unnecessary. We went to reception to mention it but there was no 1 there....

I would stay here again though...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This hotel was excellent in terms of its proximity to the southbank and borough/ london bridge. The area is excellent and is not dead at the weekend like I have found Bank to be. The room was fantastic and air conditioned and I had no issue with noise. I have no complaints except the staff were sometimes a little too relaxed or did not seem as attentive as I would have liked and also I was disappointed in the television. Six channels and no freeview or subtitles. This seems silly to me considering freeview is extremely easy to get.
I would definitely recommend, I even had a bath!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights. Good location, just 2-3 mins walk to Southwark tube station (with lift). Big enough room for 3 adults (family room) - bigger than the other London hotel we stayed in. Air con worked. Free wifi for 30 mins. Could leave luggages before checking in time - Thanks!

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I must confess I was a tad sceptical when I read some of the other reviews on here about how good this place was – so hands up I was totally wrong – this must be the best Travelodge I have ever stayed in! It’s position is ideal (especially if you are already familiar with London), the hotel was very comfortable, the staff were lovely and it was without doubt exceptional VFM. I read the reviews whining about the noisy air condition and the noise of the trains, but we had a room at the back of the hotel overlooking the train lines and had no problem with them and unlike so many other hotels the air conditioning actually works! I’d have no hesitation in recommending this place!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Second time at hotel great location two excellent tube stations nearby walking distance of south bank london eye Hotel staff friendly willing to offer advice room large and clean breakfast great start to the day well worth the price for Central london

Room Tip: Go for a high floor
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2014

The staff where excellent couldn't fault them, very friendly and helpful, however the room was not worth the money I paid for it! The tv was small, minimal features, the bathroom was tiny, didn't include a bath and as for the shower I could have cleaned my self quicker using a bottle of water!! Also on the night time we had to get food from the bar area as we hadn't had time to eat out we ordered pizza, garlic bread and chips which came to £17 not worth the money at all pizza was just an oven pizza and the garlic bread was hard and not cooked properly!! Was very disappointed. Overall I would not stay again in a hurry

• Stayed: June 2014