2,658 results
All reviewssouthwark underground stationgreat view of the shardjubilee linesouth banktravel lodgefamily roomborough markettrain lineroom was cleanglobe theatreair conlondon eyeminute walkbudget hoteltesco expressexcellent locationreception staff
Reviewed 18 October 2017

I have stayed here three times now. I have previously taken three grandchildren there and it is very child friendly. It is basic but clean and comfortable. The hotel is very well placed for London Eye, Tate Modern and the river with lots of sights within walking distance. Equally it has a good tube network nearby, Southwark underground station is just down the road. Southwark is a bustly area so you feel like you’re in the hub of things. Check in was 3pm but we arrived at 2. I have never been to a London hotel where the room isn’t ready till the actual check in time. However on this occasion we had to go away until 3. They did store our bags thankfully. My only complaint is that the breakfast room is very cramped, busy and hard to get around due to the tables needing to be close together. Also if you want a hairdryer you have to go and ask at reception then someone delivers it to your room, a bit inconvenient if you’ve washed your hair before discovering this! No complaints about the staff. I will certainly stay again as I have got used to where everything is and it is convenient.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2017

This hotel is easy to find being very close to Southwark underground. It is within easy walking distance of the South Bank and Blackfriars area for both business and leisure. The hotel staff were very friendly and accommodating. I was asked whether I needed a quieter room as a light sleeper since the hotel is near train lines, and I was given a quiet room which was appreciated while staying for work purposes. I did not notice any train noise elsewhere in the hotel.
The room was standard Travelodge and comfortable enough for a short stay. Overall, this hotel provides a budget, friendly and convenient stay and I will return.

Room Tip: Ask at reception if you have specific requirements
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Great position for south bank. The Tate Modern and The Globe Theatre are all within a few minutes walk. The coffee at breakfast was good, which is not what you find very often at hotels unfortunately. I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 October 2017

Doris at reception greeted us warmly having remembered us from a previous visit, which was wonderful. She was friendly relaxed and made our arrival at the hotel from start to finish a great experience. We had initially booked a standard room for the first 3 nights, through work as we were at a conference. The room was clean, tidy and well maintained. The bed was really comfortable and we had no problem sleeping. On our last night we had booked a superior room which Doris said would be a great experience, this was a new addition to the hotel. She was right. The floors and bedrooms were all newly painted, newly carpeted and the rooms redecorated. The light switches can be controlled from beside the bed including dimmer switch and there are new coffee machines with coffee pods, there is also hot chocolate and KitKat. We also had an iron, ironing board and hairdryer in the room. The shower unit is new and had fantastic pressure. All in all if I can book a superior room in future I will. The area is lively full or restaurants and bars and is within easy walking distance of the tube and Waterloo Station. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2017

The location of the hotel was perfect, however I felt the staff weren’t very welcoming and were more interested in conversing/flirting with each other. Our towels were stained and had an unpleasant smell to them. Besides this the bed was comfy

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
TravelodgeUK, Poppy from The Social Media Team at Travelodge London Central Southwark, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Many thanks for providing your feedback with us at our London Central Southwark Travelodge.

We are so pleased to learn the hotel was an ideal location to suit your needs and you found the bed to be comfortable. We're sorry to learn of the issues that impacted your stay, please rest assured your comments have been passed to the hotel.

We appreciate your feedback and we hope you stay with us in the future.