“star wars!”

The London Film Museum - South Bank
Type:
More attraction details
Owner description: The London Film Museum South Bank has now closed. However you can still find us at the London Film Museum Covent Garden where we are dedicated to the Bond in Motion Exhibition.
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“star wars!”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

good variety of objects that different generations can identify with. star wars photographs made our day though!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank azbestowa

Consett, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice and quiet experience”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Went to the film museum as a spur of the moment thing, and it was great. There were no children for a start and me and my boyfriend just went around at our own pace in the quiet. Has alot of information about studios in England and some pretty cool exhibitions I liked the star wars area. Set in a really nice building with a really nice hall displaying various costumes. All in all very pleasant - my boyfriend is a film lover and it was right up his street.

Visited September 2013
Rastatt, Germany
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I feel I must begin this review by stating that I am a huge Doctor Who fan, and that influenced my opinion about the London Film Museum.

I went with a friend on a Monday afternoon. Since we arrived less than 1 hour before closing time, the very nice guy at the front desk offered us "children tickets" that cost half the price of a full entrance. Score!

The place was somewhat empty and I thought that was really sad, though it may have been because of the time, almost closing time.

The Museum is awesome for movie fans. It's not very big, but you will find some interesting pieces of clothing and props from famous movies. My favourite parts were the Star Wars - extensive and with very interesting pieces - and the Doctor Who sets. You have to pay to take a picture with C3PO and R2D2 but the guy let us take some pictures with our phone cameras - score again!

Right after that comes the room with the TARDIS and the Daleks. There are ropes to keep the public from getting too close to the displays, but once guy an employee (maybe seeing my excitement, who knows?) came to the rescue and pushed the post aside allowing us to get close and EVEN ENTER THE TARDIS!!!! OMG, score number 3!!!!!! I even touched a Dalek!

Like I said, I might be biased... but I think any Doctor Who and Star Wars fan will love the museum! The building where it is situated is also beautiful, and on that day they were taping an episode of the series Sherlock on the same floor!

I think small children won't enjoy this place as much as older children (from 7yo onwards).

Visited May 2013
1 Thank ArabellaMarx
Cross Hands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Real jem of a find”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Firstly I'll be honest and admit we stumbled across this by accident and had free entry tickets thanks to a bus tour we had been on. My opinion of this attraction may be more favourable because for us it was free but in all honesty compared to other attractions we paid a small fortune for I'd have glady paid for this afternoon out.
Our teenage daughters found it fascinating, the other half kept falling behind engrossed in the various exhibits. There were no crowds, overall a brilliant afternoon. I'd gladly go back there again (especially after paying a lot to see the same sort of stuff in Warner Bros Studios).

Visited January 2013
Rothwell, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Very interesting”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I'd seen this museum a couple of times over the years but never had the time to go around, so made sure we did this year. I'm a massive film fan, my wife not-so-much but my son (who's 8) loves them so we found it very interesting indeed. It's not a huge exhibit (so it could perhaps be an issue in terms of value-for-money), but it's varied, well laid-out and thoroughly engrossing (and it has a Star Wars corridor, plus props).

I really enjoyed it and would definitely recommend it to film fans (plus you get to wander the corridors of the old GLC building!)

Visited August 2013