All reviews the imperial war museum film studio royal suite london apartment wonderful hosts captain's cabin lambeth north tube station london eye breakfast provisions home away from home ray joyce self contained electric stove paul s cathedral minute walk own meals lambeth palace
Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

Captain Bligh House is situated within the wonderfully vibrant South Bank area with its exciting restaurants, theatres and street entertainers. A 10 minute walk to the London Eye, 20 minutes to Covent Garden or, with our excellent transport facilities, only an 8 minute bus ride to Piccadilly and London's famous West End Theatres.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 October 2016

My sister and I returned to Captain Bligh House for 4 nights at the end of September (in the Royal Suite this time.) We found everything as well appointed and well-stocked as we remember. Gayna and Simon were lovely and welcoming as always. (I am grateful to Simon for not sending me his chiropractor's bill for lugging my giant suitcase up a dozen stairs!)

The Royal Suite offers plenty of room for 2 people, and has a beautiful view over the park and the Imperial War Museum. The double bed was surprisingly roomy for two sisters who occasionally kick in their sleep, and the amenities: the milk, bread and jam, the French press, the iron and ironing board, the hair dryer and the fan all contributed to our deep satisfaction. All instructions for keys, buses, wifi, etc. were clear and helpful. The neighbourhood is great -- looking forward to Lambeth North station being open again, but we rocked the bus routes with G&S's invaluable tips.

The only item I would suggest adding to the apartment would be a full length mirror, (unless I'm completely dim and didn't find it.) I don't know about you, but I always like to review my complete ensemble before going out in a stylish city like London!

Another glorious trip to London accomplished. You can always count on Captain Bligh House to help make yours great, too.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Lanie T
Reviewed 19 October 2016

From the moment you make your reservation, you know you have chosen a very special place. Gayna and Simon's genuine, warm, enthusiastic hospitality make this feel like "home away from home." The rooms are nicely decorated and clean, the location is ideal--close to restaurants and public transportation and within walking distance of many key sites. This September we stayed in The Crow's Nest, which was perfect as we adjusted to time zone changes. Having the bedroom separate from the sitting area meant that one of us could watch tv or read when the other was still sleeping. We love being able to have breakfast in the room and often also bought a few additional groceries to have dinner in the room at the end of a busy sightseeing day. This was our second stay at Captain Bligh House, and we definitely plan to return.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2016

Last week 6 of us rented 3 rooms on a stopover - 4 nights in London, after an Ireland tour. I found this B&B thru Trip Advisor and it was every bit what we expected. Gayna & Simon the owners ,met us on our arrival and gave us a short breifing as to the coming and going of the B&B. The rooms were very clean and decorated so tastefully. It was certainly located as to make easy conecttions to the underground or using the bus system. There was local pub just around the corner or other restaurants close by. If we ever return to London you can be sure we will stay again.
Don & Natalie LeBlanc
PEI Canada

Reviewed 16 October 2016

We chose the Captain Bligh House because of its historic legacy, but we loved it for being everything you could possibly need or want in this amazing city. Although it is close to the major sightseeing venues, the neighborhood of Lambuth is not crowded with tourists and doesn't have all those annoying souvenir places. The best part about the Captain Bligh House were the hosts, Gayna and Simon. They welcomed us like family and went out of their way to provide us with everything - EVERYTHING - we could possibly think of to make our stay memorable and convenient. Other places might be larger, but I can't imagine any place I would rather stay.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple