All reviews the imperial war museum film studio royal suite london apartment wonderful hosts captain's cabin lambeth north tube station london eye breakfast provisions home away from home ray joyce self contained electric stove paul s cathedral minute walk own meals lambeth palace
Reviewed 11 March 2017

Clean, comfortable, convenient - there are only pluses to staying with Gayna & Simon. The room was charming and full of all of the conveniences one could possibly need. I love that it's just around the corner from the tube and lots of bus stops. I was able to walk to a lot of attractions, and even though I was returning late at night, I felt very safe. I look forward to returning to London soon, and I'll be hoping that they have a room for me at Captain Bligh House!

Room tip: Gayna was really responsive to my questions in advance, so don't be shy!
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 10 March 2017

I just returned from my fifth stay at Captain Bligh House and can't say enough about the rooms and our wonderful hosts, Gayna and Simon. This trip my sister-in-law and I stayed in the London Room which is perfect for a couple of women wanting to do London for the week. The location couldn't be better being only minutes from the Lambeth North tube station and bus stops across the street. After five stays in the last six years, I feel completely at home in any of the rooms. Gayna and Simon provide enough breakfast items to get you started which I prefer over having to be downstairs for breakfast between specific times especially when dealing with jet lag. I find the London room perfect for two women because of the two comfortable twin beds but love the Royal Suite when I've been with my husband. The trip before this last one we rented two rooms, the Royal Suite and the Captain's Cabin for my daughter. To tell the truth, staying at Captain Bligh is one of the biggest reasons we keep returning to London. Do yourself a favor and forget about booking a cold expensive London hotel and book a room here where you'll feel at home.

Room tip: Remember this is an older home so no lift. Book a room on one of the lower floors if you have mobility issues. t
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

Brilliant place! Only visited once but enjoyed it so would definitely return! Is definitely something I will be recommending to my friends and family! Live not to far so is a fantastic place to stop!!

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2017

Captain Bligh House B&B is a shining gem in the grey world of London accommodation.
It is just around the corner from Lambeth North tube station with easy access to the bus network.
I love the fact that you have a kitchenette to make your own breakfast (bread, butter, jams, cereals etc all supplied) and the capability to cook evening meals with an all in one microwave / combi-oven and separate hob.
Gayna and Simon are just FAB - the perfect hosts for me, there if you need anything or want advice otherwise they just leave you to enjoy yourself in London.
I'm reluctant to give such a glowing review as I want to keep this gem of a b&b to myself as it's so great!

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 5 February 2017

We stayed at the Captain Bligh House at our first trip to London ... and since then we always choose to stay in this comfortable house again ..... this year already the third time ... and we love it. All of the rooms are so lovely and Gayna & Simon are one of the best hosts you can meet.

Room tip: all of the rooms are recommended
Date of stay: August 2016