All reviews the imperial war museum london apartment film studio royal suite captain's cabin wonderful hosts lambeth north tube station london eye breakfast provisions ray joyce home away from home self contained electric stove minute walk thought of everything old vic borough market
Reviewed 23 October 2017

My husband and I stayed in the Royal Suite for five nights. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Captain Bligh and will definitely stay here again when we return to London. The living room/kitchen area was comfy and nice sized. We really liked having the space to relax when we returned to the room at night. Also great having a small refrigerator, coffee and tea pot. Refrigerator was stocked with basics to get us started which was very much appreciated. The bedroom itself is a little small, so we kept our suitcases in the living room area. Bathroom was typical size for London. The room is very convenient to tube stations and bus lines. It was only about a ten minute walk to the London Eye. We spent a good part of a day walking along the Thames - ending up at Burroughs Market.

Would highly recommend staying here. Hosts were very kind and helpful. Price was great! Book early to get a room.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

I booked one of the suites for some relatives who were visiting from Scotland. They were absolutely thrilled with the whole experience and have rebooked it themselves for another visit. I'd say that if you fancy sophisticated yet homely, theatrical without being gaudy and an unbeatable location, I really do think you can't do better. The owners have done a terrific job. Thank you so much.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Fantastic place to stay in London. Stayed in the Crow's Nest and it felt very much like our own apartment. Multiple rooms and a kitchenette. Well located for a general tour of London and great price. We would absolutely book again.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2017

My fourth stay at the Captain Bligh House confirmed what I already knew – this is the absolute best place to stay in London. I was in the Royal Suite for nearly two weeks and, as always, everything was beautiful, comfortable, spotlessly clean and welcoming. Gayna and Simon greet guests like old friends (actually, they do feel like old friends to me). With every visit, I love to see the latest enhancements that have been made to their guest apartments. Each apartment’s decor has a theme and all are lovely – their website has lots of photos of each apartment to help you select the one that best suits you. I am especially partial to the Royal Suite as it really showcases the house’s historic architecture – those gorgeous windows overlooking the gardens of the Imperial War Museum are bigger than the front door at my Los Angeles apartment. It is also a real treat to have such a well-equipped kitchen while traveling.

As others have said, the Captain Bligh House is ideally located, close to subway and bus stops, with loads of attractions and activities within walking distance, but in a quiet neighborhood that isn’t at all touristy. One of my favorite ways to get re-acclimated to London (and beat jet lag) is to take a short walk up to the Thames at Westminster Bridge and then walk east along the south side of the river. The views are breathtaking – you will see Big Ben, Parliament, the London Eye, St. Paul’s Cathedral, Shakespeare’s Globe, the Tower of London, and more.

Combine comfort, history, charm, location, and the most lovable hosts imaginable, and you will understand why the Captain Bligh House is the perfect London home away from home. I am already plotting my next visit, and somehow know that Gayna and Simon will find a way to improve on perfection.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 12 October 2017

We loved staying at Captain Bligh House. wonderful host. The rooms were superb, very clean and well maintained with lots of character. It is very central and easy for transport. It made our stay in london just perfect I would highly recommend it, we will return

Room tip: all the suites are different we loved the royal style one
Date of stay: September 2017