All reviews the imperial war museum london apartment film studio royal suite wonderful hosts captain's cabin lambeth north tube station london eye breakfast provisions ray joyce self contained home away from home thought of everything short walk old vic big ben borough market
Reviewed 16 November 2017

Given all the five star reviews that the Captain Bligh House has received I don't need to extol the many features that make it a great place to stay. What I thought I would do is give you an idea of the walking distance to a few of London's major destinations. (Of course one can always take the tube or bus.)
Imperial War Museum - 2 minute walk
Trafalgar Square - 20-25 minute walk
Royal Haymarket Theatre - 25 minute walk
Piccadilly Circus - 30 minute walk
British Museum - 35-40 minute walk
Note - I am middle aged and I walk at a brisk pace.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank mncgrp
Reviewed 9 November 2017

Having just returned home from another London vacation, we realize that, while we could never tire of this great city, a large part of the attraction for us now is our stay at Captain Bligh House. Here we settle into the cozy and comfortable Royal Suite and feel as if we are in our London home. We have been back for at least one stay every year since 2010 and would not consider booking anywhere else. (From the comments in the guest book, there are many return guests, but perhaps we hold the record for the most return visits from across the Atlantic.)

We love the wonderfully convenient location, the history of the house, the whimsical décor, the attention to detail, the cleanliness – and most of all, the warm welcome from Gayna and Simon. They offer helpful advice (especially about the theatre) then allow you to settle in to enjoy London as independent travellers. (If you need them, they are there!) This is not a generic hotel; however, in our minds, it offers much nicer way to enjoy London- a quiet, comfortable home-away-from home where you can relax after a hectic day of sightseeing. We just love it!

Room tip: We opt for the Royal Suite partly because there are fewer stairs.
Reviewed 8 November 2017

A perfect place to stay for experiencing London. Wonderful Hosts!! The rooms are essentially studio apartments, extremely well kept and comfortable, with windows overlooking a backyard garden (with the London Eye in the background) or at the park grounds of the Imperial War Museum just across the street. The Lambeth North Underground Station is literally around the corner, and the Elephant and Castle Underground/Railway Station is about an 8 minute walk. Between those two stations, you can quickly get anywhere quickly in London. If you want to stay in London for a week or two and just explore, this is where you should stay. The top spaces can actually be turned into a common multi bedroom apartment via a door in the stairwell. We'll be utilizing that the next time we are in London, because we will be bringing grandkids!

Room tip: Top floor, which has a separate living room and bedroom and has picture windows looking out both the front and back.
Reviewed 4 November 2017

Good service started even before I got there, since my travel details kept changing. But Gayna was incredibly helpful in sorting everything out via e-mail, replying within minutes to any new question I came up with.
I stayed in the Captain's Cabin which is a wonderful room - so nice I was almost sad I couldn't spend more time inside, even with London outside my window. The attention to detail that went into everything is just incredible.
Thanks for a wonderful time.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 30 October 2017

We stayed 4 nights in the London Apt at Capt. Bligh. Between the 2 of us it is our 4th time staying there....that says a lot. Such good value for money, very clean, quiet, excellent location. Wonderful hosts. Gayne and Simon are energetic hosts with quite a comedic bent!