“Dinner in town......”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Transit: Underground: Oxford Circus
Description: Father and son Albert and Michel Roux Jr are working together for the first time in over 20 years. This partnership brings Roux's legendary culinary expertise and creativity Roux at The Landau, their second West End address. Roux at The Landau entices with classically constructed dishes offering French cuisine with a British twist. The restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, dinner and the only Sunday brunch by Chez Roux. The restaurant's private dining room Postillion can accommodate up to 18 people.
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Travelled to London needed a treat. This delivered! excellent food! went for the Chef's Menu. Five courses of delicious food. Attentive staff. Beautiful dining room. Full but did not feel crowded. My only minor criticism is that the scallop dish on this menu lacked a variety of textures with a soft cooked scallop, soft beans and a Somewhat superfluous soft onion ring. Apart from that Brilliant!

There are newer reviews for Roux at The Landau

Reviewed 11 December 2013

We entered the hotel and had a nice glass of champagne and sauvignon blanc in the bar. Pricey but nice. We then went to the restaurant where we were greeted by one of the hotel management whose small talk was expert before Franco, the restaurant manager lead us to our table. For the rest of the meal, Franco, Anna and Marcello made us feel welcome guests.

The dining room is large and magnificent but without intruding on your neighbour's meal. There were an eclectic mix of guests from ordinary folk like us to people with serious money and business people.

The food was exquisite, as was the service. The photos only hint at how good the meal really was. The morcilla canapes and miniature Xmas puddings were fabulous.

If I had the money to eat there every day I would.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

A great selection of foods for breakfast, excellent service, my scrambled eggs were delicious, the atmosphere was elegant and unhurried, loved the experience.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Took a friend there today to celebrate her birthday and had the set lunch menu. The food was divine and plentiful. We both started with salmon which melted in the mouth. Next the roe deer with cherries which was perfection....nice and pink and succulent. The accompanying veg - cabbage and parsnip were brilliant.....the small parsnips sweet and delicious with lovely crispy strips of parsnip on top. Dessert...I had the coconut and white chocolate Yule log with rum ice cream and pineapple....my friend had the Christmas pudding (alcoholic and light).........both were a lovely end to a fantastic lunch. The wine was super too. The waiting staff were very polite and without fault. Chris King the head chef was very gracious in signing the book I had bought my friend (The French Kitchen by Michel Roux Jr). Thank you to all the staff for making the day so wonderful. My friend and I can't understand why this doesn't have a Michelin star! We will definitely be returning.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

My husband and i came here because of the Roux name. We had intended to have the Theatre menu but decided the a la carte was more to our liking! I had the blue prawns as a starter, which were sweet and succulent, followed by the white chicken with jerusalem artichokes which had the most amazing flavours. My husband had the black pudding to start and the steak as his mains. The steak sauce was very special. I don't usually go for a dessert but decided to have the pear souffle with choc sorbet......this was quite the most stunning dessert i've ever had. Chris, the pastry chef is a genius. My husband had the creme brulee which was crunchy and creamy. We went all out and had a bottle of Albarino, which wasn't too expensive and tasted divine.

The service was excellent, the ambience quiet but with a lively undertone. The decor is subtle, a mix of old and modern. Some people have said the tables are too close together, but they aren't. The tables at The Ivy are far closer!

All in all, i can't wait to go back :-)