“Birthday treat”

Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Transit: Underground: Oxford Circus
Description: Father and son Albert and Michel Roux Jr are working together for the first time in over 20 years. This partnership brings Roux's legendary culinary expertise and creativity Roux at The Landau, their second West End address. Roux at The Landau entices with classically constructed dishes offering French cuisine with a British twist. The restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The restaurant's private dining room Postillion can accommodate up to 18 people. Roux at The Landau is currently closed, due to reopen mid February 2018.
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

We had a very pleasant meal and met a lovely couple next to us who joined us for drinks in the Artesan bar afterwards.
I love the Roux family so it almost pains me to say this...the food was very nice, but not memorable?
Don't get me wrong I would definitely eat there again and the staff were professional and attentive, it was just nice....which in itself was just a little disappointing.
Perhaps I had built it up too much and will find my disappointment rectified on our next visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,831)

Reviewed 6 May 2014

When you see the name Roux, you have high expectations. We left this restaurant very disappointed, and wouldn't recommend it. My scallops were good to start, but my wife's leek soup was bland. Her pasta was too thick and the whole dish lacked taste or finesse. Like may French restaurants, they don't cater well to those patrons who don't eat meat. My beef was cooked well, but the overall dish was nothing special. My rum baba contained no rum. The previous night we had dined at the 3 starred Alain Ducasse, so anything was going to be a let-down, but we didn't expect to fall this hard.

The only redeeming feature was that the manager, Franco, came by to apologise. He was very charming and even took a couple of dishes off the bill, which was unnecessary. He was so nice, I even felt sorry for him.

This restaurant does not have a Michelin star, and on this showing it's easy to see why. There are much better options available nearby.

1  Thank Scott197
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Great bar - do go for a drink before dinner. Nice staff in bar and restaurant, friendly. We took my mother for her 70th and had a very pleasant evening - elegant room, nice buzzy ambience, nice that they had written 70th birthday celebration on the menu. We had a set menu, but when I said I didn't like rum baba they offered me several alternatives, and I chose a chocolate millefeuille instead, which was fine. But it wasn't as special as Martin wishart or sat bains... (Though I know Edinburgh and Nottingham are a long way to go from Portland Place...). The wine flight arrived disconnected from the food, and somehow nothing quite flowed - the service though friendly was a touch amateurish, the food though accomplished was a little bit old fashioned (even after I'd wriggled out of the rum baba...). So in summary a nice enough dinner in a nice enough place, but you'd think you could do better in London for the money...

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Was taken here by my partner for my birthday and it lived up to expectations.
Food was tasty, not too 'fussy', and high quality.
Staff were very attentive, but also friendly, and knowledgeable .
Décor is very white! Not a typical 'relaxing' dining environment with laughter, chatter and 'hustle and bustle', but when you come to a place like this that isn't the type of atmosphere you are looking to experience. It is very serene and elegant, you do not feel rushed to leave the restaurant and it helps you focus more on the food, wine and conversation.
Also they did a lovely surprise for my birthday with some petit fours on a slate with the words 'Happy Birthday'. Perfect.
Especially recommend the Pineapple soufflé with white chocolate ice cream- Amazing!!!

1  Thank Orange2288
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Wonderful lunch, and I plan to return to the Langham at some point in the future. Highly recommended