“Convenient if you're staying at the Park Tower Hotel”

The Knightsbridge Lounge
Ranked #14,283 of 22,557 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$19 - US$54
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Knightsbridge
Description: An utterly relaxing and elegant retreat in the heart of Knightsbridge, here you can steep in the experience all afternoon - and into the evening too. At dusk, the luminous chandeliers are dimmed for an intimate glass of champagne. Featuring delicately brewed, fragrant blends by the British tea supplier Twinings and indulgent hot chocolate inspired by local artisan Rococo Chocolates, the modern "Distinctly Knightsbridge" High Tea is a unique experience.
SF Bay Area
“Convenient if you're staying at the Park Tower Hotel”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Arrived in London quite late and needed a quite bite and a glass of wine. This place off the hotel lobby is quiet and comfortable, and delivered good food and wine, but the service was very slow. I had to ask several times for this and that, as well as for the check - so not a very relaxing experience. I would choose another option given all the wonderful places there are to eat in the area, unless you really need to stay in the hotel.

• Visited July 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
London, UK
“Wonderful for afternoon tea”
Reviewed 22 January 2011

The Lounge is a small area situated next to the hotel lobby.
Chairs and sofas are plush and comfy.
Menu was just right for afternoon tea-- finger sandwiches, scones and tiny cakes, along with your choice of tea.
Thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon.

• Visited January 2011
1 Thank Sweeter123
West London
“Dreadful!”
Reviewed 29 December 2008

I don't like to write so negatively about a place but this really took the biscuit!

I don't know if this place has improved much since I visited in June 08. If it hasn't, then I advise you leave well alone.

I came here with my family for a simple bite to eat at lunch time.
I ordered a jacked potato with cheese - the potato arrived looking as though it had previously been in a fight! Bruised all over and re-heated with the texture of an apple.

My brother ordered a toasted cheese sandwich. The sandwich arrived with ham in it! They forgot our chips side order and took ages with our food. Also worrying, my mother ordered sausages which when they arrived, were not cooked in the middle!

The poor waiter was blamed by the management for these problems, however we feel very strongly this was the fault of the chef. When we wanted to speak to the manager, he took about 15 mins to come out and speak to us and when we did calmly try to explain the problem to him, he was most uncooperative. He handled the situation very unprofessionally and tried to lay all the blame on to the waiter. We didn't have to pay for the food in the end, but left feeling guilty for the waiter as well as cheated out of valuable time wasted on a lunch we never managed to eat in the end.

Faulty Towers eat your heart out!

1 Thank luigi78
Copenhagen, Denmark
“good outside seating.”
Reviewed 5 September 2008

good outside seating.

1 Thank sandiUKLondon
“the best coffee i have ever tasted.... and the food is yum for a daytime place... service good, ****”
Reviewed 19 June 2008