“Last hostel after my worldtrip!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of YHA London Central

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
YHA London Central
Ranked #18 of 826 Speciality Lodging in London
Helmond
“Last hostel after my worldtrip!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

It was my last time to sleep somewhere else then my own bed (after 6 months).
I was thinking to go to an expensive hotel, but couldn't spend the money.
After some searching to get a good connection from LHT to the hostel I found this one.
Good hostel, you can use your YHA card from New Zealand =D (DISCOUNT!!!)
Good spot in London, friendly staff, clean rooms and good internet connection!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Marne-la-Vallee, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

With all the good advices I read on the internet, I couldn't wait to try this hostel by myself and I wasn't disappointed at all !

The staff is very nice ! I came in too early to check-in so I left my suitcase in a luggage room. The access to the stairs/elevators/luggage room is secured by a card you're given when you check-in.

Regarding the common areas, everything was great : the reception/bar/dining room is nice, well-decorated and clean, there is a laundry room with a hair dryer and a hair straightener and also a kitchen (I haven't used it at all though so I can't give any advice on that).

My room was nice and clean. It was a 6-bedded en-suite room. The room wasn't that big but there was enough space between the beds and I really appreciated the closets !
Also the shower room and toilets are in separated room and if both are busy, another shower and toilets were available just in the corridor.

I'm planning on coming back to London with some friends in a couple of month and will definitely book in this hostel :)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank DidieM
Ottawa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

From the moment we arrived, the service we received was excellent. The prices were fair, the food was good, the rooms were clean and the location was perfect. The beds were a bit small (my husband is 6'2'') and it was a bit noisy but we would highly recommend this hostel (we already have to a friend who is coming to London in December 2013).

Thank you YHA for all the great advice you gave us.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

Hostel is well managed and even on weekends the noise at night is acceptable.
A purpose built facility with a lift to access the higher floors.
Cafeteria offers good Wifi.
Tours can be booked at reception.
staff friendly and efficient.

Room Tip: When travelling with luggage on underground it pays to research which stations have lifts and escala...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

I really like this hostel. I always try to stay here, when i´m in london with my friends. the staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and the oxford street is in walking distance. there are a lot of cafés around where you can have breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Stroud, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

All family rooms are in the basement, and tube trains run directly below. They pass every 15-90 seconds. Pity they dont tell you this over the phone when booking. I wish I was joking. Wont be returning.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank hungrybadger
JamesRyan704, Manager at YHA London Central, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Dear Hungrybadger,

Thank you for your review. On the lower ground floor we have 2 X 2 bedded rooms and 1 x 4 bedded room. It is correct to say that all of the twin rooms are located on the lower ground floor but of the 70 rooms that we have (approx 40 of which are 4 bedded ensuite rooms perfectly suited for family use) all are located on the other 6 floors of accommodation.

We have not received a great deal of negative feedback regarding the location of the rooms, they are the most recently refurbished so have not thought that mentioning the location on the telephone was an issue until now- this will be reviewed and clearer information will be given.

I have only once in five years received feedback regarding the noise from the Victoria Line that passes under the ground below the hostel but I am really sorry that this was an issue. YHA London Central is located in the heart of Central London that enjoys a very quiet street without road or bar noise. Sadly, it is very difficult to enjoy such a location without some form of background noise.

Again I would like to thank you for your review and that you scored the other categories objectively despite your dissapointing visit. Guests will be informed regarding the location of the rooms following your feedback.

Regards,

James Ryan
Hostel Manager
YHA London Central
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

My friend and I stayed at this hostel when we first moved to London. I was here for about 3 weeks. The rooms are clean and they even have outlets and reading lights on each bed, which is very convenient. The welcome area has a place to eat and order food, a hangout lounge and computers.
The staff are more than welcoming, friendly, and knowledgeable about London and surrounding areas.
The area is okay, not much to do in Central London (except Soho) but if you want/need to stay in that area, than this is the place to go.

Room Tip: I would always try and get a room with the least amount of people. That's my opinion though. Don...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends