Review Highlights
Great wine and brilliant tuition

North London Wine School and in particular Beth are tremendous. Had a brilliant tour of French... read more

Reviewed 29 October 2020
adamfQ1251GP
via mobile
Virtual Wine Tasting

Great experience and Beth was extremely knowledgeable as well as joined in the fun and conversation... read more

Reviewed 23 October 2020
L263ICmattp

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around London
from US$164.00
from US$99.73
from US$76.17
More Info
All reviews wine tasting wine appreciation grape varieties wset level teaching introduction teacher knowledge lesson fun company
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 December 2018

Have just done a Saturday wine tasting with champagne and lunch at the North London Wine School. I'm not a wine aficionado but have always wanted to know more about different types of wine, and the differences between them. Which I certainly got from this day's wine tasting. We were a small group that particular day, so there was a nice friendly atmosphere. Beth, the tutor, was excellent - informative, friendly, fluent, enthusiastic, and so knowledgeable about all aspects of wine. She has many years of practical experience in the industry, and has visited lots of the wine producing places around the world that we talked about, so could answer absolutely any question anyone had during the day. We tasted some 6 white wines and 7 reds, of various types and countries, so that's pretty good going! I definitely enjoyed the day, and would recommend it for anyone who wants to know more about wine, in a friendly convivial atmosphere with an excellent tutor.

Date of experience: December 2018
2  Thank michael_b_2
Reviewed 16 November 2018

I have completed the 8 week introduction to wine course and a couple of individual tasting sessions at North London Wine School, Beth is a great tutor, very welcoming and knowledgeable, and the evenings are great fun in a relaxed environment, it’s been a nice way to meet new people, and not in the least bit intimidating - I’ve learnt so much, I’ve even found some white wines I actually like, which I didn’t think was possible! All in all, a great experience, I’ve missed the Thursday night tastings since the course finished, so no doubt I will find a reason to go back for more!

Date of experience: October 2018
3  Thank Deborah R
Reviewed 15 April 2018

Been meaning to do a decent wine-tasting course for ages, but found it all a bit daunting/expensive/specific. Heidi's course was the perfect introduction for me and my partner - learn the basics about different regions, grape varieties, what to look, smell and taste for when drinking wine and all with a lot of laughs. It was the perfect combination of not being at all pretentious, but at the same time equipping you with the knowledge and language to not feel like a fool when ordering wine in a nice restaurant and not having to to buy wine based on what the label looks like (although we do like a nice label, obviously...) We'd highly recommend Heidi - we did the 4 week intro course, and then an evening of sparkling wine and will definitely do more! Great course.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 31 March 2018

My wife and I booked onto the German wine evening and really enjoyed it. Heidi is very knowledgeable and avoids any of the pretention associated with wine appreciation. The whole evening was light hearted and fun but also informative. The best recommendation I can give is that we have booked onto another night.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 25 February 2018

We did the one day wine tasting course, Heidi was our instructor for the day. We found the day very informative, good fun and a good lunch at the pub too! Tasting a good range of affordable wines, including a Tawny Port which was a revelation, as had never tasted before! Heidi was great, very enthusiastic and knowledgeable.

We liked the fact that there was no "hard sell" of the products being tasted, all were available in supermarkets and online.

Date of experience: February 2018
Heidi C, Owner at North London Wine School, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Thank you for the lovely review - I'm so glad you enjoyed it! We don't sell wine at North London Wine School so we're free to choose you the best wines we can find at normal prices, like a normal consumer. It was lovely to have you along - would be great to see you again at NLWS in the future - enjoy that Tawny Port!!