“Most aggressive staff ever” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6,876 of 22,204 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$12 - US$19
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Description: The Maple Leaf is a little piece of Canada in the heart of Covent Garden. The pub serves traditional Canadian food and drinks, showing Hockey, Football, Rugby, Darts, Cricket and NFL. The Maple Leaf also offers free wi-fi so come down and say hi to the team- they look forward to seeing you!
London, United Kingdom
“Most aggressive staff ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2011

I went to that pub with friends as canadians are some of the nicest people you can meet.
As it turned out, the staff is definitely not canadian and not friendly!
They rang one bell for the last drink 2 minutes after I ordered my last drink and were pushing us out 10 minutes later. When I tried to tell them that they could have warned me when I ordered my last drink that I would get only 10 minutes to drink a whole pint (and I swear I wasn't rude!!), they shouted at me straight away and started to try to steal my drink...! One of my friends came over to try and calm them down without even elevating his voice (honestly!!), they stole his drink and the bouncer, who was the most aggressive of all, literally kicked my friend out of the pub!!!
I have never been assaulted in a pub and was certainly not expecting to be by the staff...

Visited October 2011
3 Thank Valerie64110

London, United Kingdom
“AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2011

Avoid like the plague!
Last order bell and I get myself and my wife a drink, only to find the bouncer coming 10 minutes later to stand by the table telling us to finish the drink and leave as they are closing now. disappointed, we took our jackets and drinks to the bar to ask for plastic cups and leave, only that my wife tried to explain to the barman that they should not have sold us drinks if they want us to leave 10 minutes later, the reaction of the barman was to shout at my wife and snap the drink out of her hand spilling half of it on her, I told him he has no right to do that as she has paid for that drink so it belongs to her, only to feel the big hands of the aggressive bouncer on my shoulder shoving me out of the place, shouting and spitting all over my head!! and the barman taking my wife by the arm of the bar. I was pushed out of there like a criminal. In all my 35 years of travelling around the world, I have never been insulted as much. I do not get drunk, I am not rude to people and I am the most pacifist person in the world, but that cannot be said at all about many of the aggressive people working in that bar. SAVE YOUR MONEY AND GO ELSEWHERE!

• Visited October 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank DrYaz
Edmonton, Canada
“Cute tribute to Canada”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2011

Being a Canadian in London I had to check out the Maple Leaf. I enjoyed all the memorabilia on the walls and the fact I could sit and watch some hockey. It was really busy each time I went in. I didn't eat anything but all the food looked quite good. I did have a couple drinks, they were reasonably priced. The staff was all really friendly.

• Visited June 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
WEST CHESTER
“I will go back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2009

As a Canadian, one of my mates suggested I visit this pub while in London. It was easy to find, staff was friendly, as best of all they served Sleemans on draft. Work was also good. And you can get poutine.

• 5 of 5 bubbles