“Go for the atmosphere”

Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Description: The Maple Leaf is a little piece of Canada in the heart of Covent Garden. The pub serves traditional Canadian food and drinks, showing Hockey, Football, Rugby, Darts, Cricket and NFL. The Maple Leaf also offers free wi-fi so come down and say hi to the team- they look forward to seeing you!
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This place has a lovely busy atmosphere with large screen TVs showing ice hockey matches. Plenty of people just coming in for drinks after work. The food was I'm sorry to say was very average verging on poor. The burgers were well cooked but the quality wasn't good at all. What really put me off was I was given a dirty knife,
The white wine was drinkable but not enjoyable.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Complete mystery to me but if you have hockey fans visiting you in UK this is the place to take them. Also shows some of the Aussie RL games but on replay of course. Food is usual London pub food... And beer is expensive but was a fun place for a couple of hours.

alliemapleleaf, Director of Social Media at Maple Leaf Sports Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Hi Elly,

Thanks for taking the time to review the Maple Leaf! We hope you pop by again next time you're in the area for another visit!

Best
Allie
The Maple Leaf

Reviewed 8 May 2014

When we visit London and Covent Garden we always pop into this Canadian Bar for a drink, but this time we decided to eat there too. I ordered the steak with criss cross chips, it came with peas, mushrooms and fried tomatoes. The steak was cooked to perfection and it melted in my mouth, the chips were also cooked just right. My other half ordered a sandwich which came with loads of salad and he had a side dish of chips. Along with a large glass of wine and a pint of lager it all came to just £26. A brilliant price for wonderful food.
The staff were very attentive and she went out of her way to make sure evrything was just right for us. From now on lunch in London will be here at The Maple Leaf. A lovely pub in the hustle and bustle of London.

Hello Nicki!

We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your time at the Maple Leaf! We can't wait for you to join us again for lunch next time you're in London!

See you soon,
Allie
The Maple Leaf
Director of Social Media

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I am Canadian, so of course I wanted to make a stop at "the" Canadian pub in town. Food is pretty good and the staff was very attentive. It was a great place to have a few drinks/food and catch up with friends. Unfortunately their poutine doesn't have cheese curds but I don't think I came across cheese curds anywhere in the UK. Closes early like most places in Covent Garden, but it's not bad if you wanted to catch the last tube back to your accommodations.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I've been in about four or five times and generally the staff don't like it that you have disturbed their social life which seemed to be the reason they were there, They're fairly off hand even for a London pub. The place is a bit of a dive, with some old tat on the walls that's supposed to give it it's Canadian 'theme'. The food is standard 'Weatherspoons' type stuff which I wouldn't risk if the kitchen staff are as dedicated as the bar staff. I could have forgiven all that if they had a good range of Canadian beers there, and did they? not a chance, one draught beer (maybe) and Moosejaw in bottles. As a Canadian this place is slightly embarrassing and I like a dive but a dive with character and this places character is as limited as the Canadian beer.

Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Maple Leaf Sports Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Robert F

Thank you for providing us with your review

I can confirm that I have passed on your comments about your visit to the management team and to the Area Manager of the Maple Leaf who would like to thank you for your feedback and to let you know that they have taken your feedback on board and passed it to the relevant teams.

We do hope to see you soon in the Maple Leaf soon.

Kind regards,