“Little glimpse of Italy in London!”
Review of Casa Mamma

Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Euston / Kings Cross /St Pancras
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Excellent, authentic Italian with friendly service and cosy atmosphere. We had dinner twice during our London visit and loved it all, especially the carbonara! Also loved the bolognese and lasagna. We went to Rome right after London and I have to say this carbonara was better than any we had there! Close to Kings Cross tube station, can't miss the green awning. A must if in this area! Special note-we came for a repeat visit one night right at closing time after a horrible day stuck at Heathrow and missing our flight back to Texas. When they saw my son standing outside the door, they recognized him, let us in and served us a wonderful, fresh dinner. Now that's great service plus kindness!

2  Thank brainyblanche
There are newer reviews for Casa Mamma

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We arrived at the restaurant late in the evening and need to eat.
The welcome and service was excellent. The white wine was pleasant and enjoyable. The Starters and four dishes we had: pizza, salad, Calzone and Gnocchi were excellent. My Children enjoyed the ice cream, my Wife had a pleasnat desert and I enjoyed a coffee and a glass of Strega,
This Restaurant is definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

A small venue with a friendly ambience. Although the menu had a good choice, the speed at which the food arrived was so quick you couldn't help but wonder if the food had just been heated up. Nonetheless, the meal was tasty.

Unfortunately the service was not. Particularly when the waiter pretty much threw the receipt down after we paid. We'd left a cash tip and I don't think he'd noticed, so presumed we weren't leaving one and obviously got a bit sulky about it. This was a shame as until then the service was ok, just a lack of class at the end.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Had a nice evening meal here a couple of weeks ago.
The serving staff were helpful and reasonably attentive.
The location was convenient to our hotel and their a la carte menu looked inviting. Plenty of choices too.
The meal portions were large and the food tasted good. It was not quite up to the standard of the Italian restaurant I regularly frequent close to home so I have given it a 3 rather than a 4.
Nonetheless, if you are nearby and looking for decent Italian food at a decent price then this place is worth a visit.
Would be happy to return for another meal.

1  Thank David_C_C_1
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Lovely restaurant not very far and within walking distance from Kings Cross station. Italian cuisine at its best. I loved both the pizza and the penne arrabiata. Both were cooked to my liking. Reasonable prices. The only thing I hated was that the tables were very close to each other.I would not like my next table patrons over hearing my conversation even if what I was say might not be a top secret.

1  Thank Chris A