“Great Pub”

Ranked #6,021 of 22,564 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$19 - US$26
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Buses: D6, 106 and 254 runs from Bethnal Green tube station to St Thomas Square, from there it it a short walk down Richmond Road to The Prince Arthur. Trains: Trains run every 15 minutes from Liverpool street to London fields station, a 5 minute walk from The Prince Arthur.
Description: A traditional neighbourhood local pub serving excellent real ales, draft lagers, craft beers, Handpicked gorgeous winesand a menu of British seasonal food sourced from select quality farms.
newtown
“Great Pub”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I have had a few meals here and the food is delicious. It is much better than your average gastro pub fare. My steak was excellent and so is the hamburger and chips/
Not only is it very good food and drink, the bar staff are very friendly too.

I also really like the location on a quiet and attractive residential street. The pub is also fairly small and traditional looking giving it a cosy and charming feel.

• Visited February 2013

“Great Sunday Lunch!”
Reviewed 1 January 2013 via mobile

We have been searching for a good Sunday Lunch near Dalston and really happy to have found the Prince Arthur. Excellent selection of starters and roasts. Everything tastes great! Will be back!

Paris
“Local awesomeness”
Reviewed 25 November 2012

I went with friends last Saturday night after a day out in London.
I was very pleasantly surprised by the vegetarian alternatives. The goat's cheese croquettes and the mash I chose were delicious. I believe we were all very happy with our choices!
The staff was friendly and efficient and we had an overall very pleasant experience.
I love the fact that it is a local pub with really good food!
A bit pricey maybe be completely worth it!

• Visited November 2012
Southampton Parish, Bermuda
“Poached egg on top”
Reviewed 10 January 2012

In my mind if something is served to me with a poached egg on top then whatever is underneath will always taste good. The fish cake served to me at the Prince Arthur was sumptuous.

A local pub famed (rightly so) for it's food. We visited between Christmas and New Year and the place was dead but the staff couldn't do enough for us and allowed our 2-year old to run around like she was at home.

Great menu, everyone was impressed with what they ordered. They did half portions for younger customers or those less hungy and a nice range of draft beers.

Visited December 2011
Wellington, New Zealand
“Hidden Gem Near Hackney”
Reviewed 24 December 2011

I can't believe this place hasn't got more rave reviews. We visited last night after going to the Panto at Hackney Empire. The staff were extremely friendly despite the face that we arrived late and gave us excellent service. The food was high quality, i recommend the salt beef croquettes and then we had a mixture of fish and chips, fish pie and rib eye steak (awesome!) for our mains. The place itself has lots of character. Its a little off the beaten track but if you are in the area it knocks the pants off anywhere else in the vacinity. A real hidden gem!

• Visited December 2011