“Cheap and cheerful London” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chiswick Lodge Hotel

Chiswick Lodge Hotel
Ranked #459 of 568 London B&B and Inns
Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
“Cheap and cheerful London”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2012

If you want a short and cheap London stay, not too centrally located in the city then this place will do. The rooms are small (I was with another) but very clean and to be honest when I stayed I wasnt located near the train station so had a great nights sleep.

The breakfast is pointless I admit - Ive always grabbed it out but I guess its the gesture.

The front of house guys are very polite - I found parking very near by free of charge - apart from being a bit small I have no complaints at spending £69 a night for a room in London!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Tralee, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

booked in on the 18th/may for two nights.the room was very small but nothing compared to the bathroom,after my shower i had to sit on the toilet to dry myself.went to get breakfast the next morning and was told to order it at reception and they would drop it to the room.a cup of tea,croissant+butter and jam that was the breakfast menu.asked for an iron at reception and was told they had none at the hotel.enough said.wouldnt stay here again even if i got it for free.

Room Tip: cant recommend any style room in this hotel..
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank toc_ie

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Hove, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

I spent the night of the 16th of May 2012 in this………..place.
The word I will use most is Tired, the building, the decor, the furnishings, the style (should this be considered one) are all very very tired and so am I because of the proximety to the railway.
The room was very small, the bed was tiny, the en suite was a joke, a plastic box with a shower door that only opened half way before it hit the toilet, virtually no water pressure or volume, impossible to wash properly so I felt grubby when I left.
The wash basin was in the bedroom!
You might as well have the toilet in there too, it was right in the doorway to the en suite anyway.
There wasn't even anyone to find to complain to when I left so I just let myself out and sighed with relief as I walked back to my car.
Also, beware of the stairs, Everest wouldn't be much worse and no wardrobe, just a few hooks on the back of the door.
I don't think the word "hotel" belongs with Chiswick Lodge, flop house perhaps.

Room Tip: Rooms in a different hotel are better!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Simon R
sicily
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2012

they waited for us till late since we arrived at 11 pm, the man greeting us was very polite and helpful in giving us information about the buses at night and other info about chiswick and the places to eat and shop, altough we could hear someone spitting in the room behind him, and we could hardly maintain our composure not laughing. he gave us the password to use the wifi connection and the card to open our rooms and enter the hotel at any time at day or night (very helpful for going out at night freely). now about the cons: stairs were too small, we had problems with the luggages and every time we walked down them we feared to fall down; rooms were small but that was not the issue about them, the problem was that the sheets had stains, mostly because they don't have a room to serve breakfast and they bring it to your room, but you don't even have a table to put the tray on, instead you have to eat on your bed, and that explains the stains; the shower was so small i hit the roof and i almost couldn't move myself, and i'm not fat at all; last but not least, they never changed the towels, they folded them every day pretending them to be fresh, but on the second day i immediately found out they were the ones i've been using because the were still wet and had the same stain they had the first day.... so overall the hotel serves its purpose, the bed was comfortable and the price was not that high for a two-star b&b, considering we made our reservation just a week and a half before arrival. the noise of the trains was not that loud and anyway we wanted to wake up early to visit all the things we wanted, nice view of a small park from our windows, and the turnham green subway station is so close and well connected that it made travelling and visiting so easy i almost forgot the cons of this b&b, and also a lot of places to eat nearby, and 2 small mini markets just a few steps away in the same street, helped making the stay nicer. so in the end it's not bad, but not wonderful also, very functional though

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank hiteimported
Blyth, Northumberland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2011

As detailed by others on this site, this hotel was very poor indeed. The small room was shabby and drab (but clean), and we could'nt wait to check out the following morning. Continental breakfast was included in the room rate of £69.00 for a double room but we did'nt hang around to see what it was like. We were lucky in that our room did'nt overlook the train station so we did get a decent night's sleep (this had more to do with the Pino Grigio than the comfort!) If you can afford a little more, try elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
London England
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2011

If you love trains this is the one for you - otherwise I suggest you avoid.

My bedroom was a near to actually 'ON' Turnham Green Station platform as is possible - so the train noise was relentless with a brief respite between about 1pm and 4pm.

I agree with other comments, this is a very, very poor 'hotel'. It's dirty, the 'en suite' was a joke - a toilet and filthy shower cubicle with exposed plaster and missing tiles was in a cupboard, the sink was at the bottom of the bed.

Two additional untruths on their website - there is no tea and coffee making facilities unless you class a dirty old kettle (no cups etc) as a 'facility'. Also there is no continental breakfast - I asked at the little 'reception' desk to be told 'there is no room" - how true - there are no public areas and therefore no breakfast provided.

Too busy to check on TA before arriving as it was a business booking made for me but I will most certainly not be back. I was charged £75 - a disgrace.

Room Tip: Avoid all rooms
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Geebee55
Sheffield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

Travelling solo, fortunatley only stayed for one night. The smell in the hallway was unberable. In the room, my bed spread was stained, the bathroom was clearly put together by a DIY enthusiast and was dusty and dirty, with bare walls visible in gaps between plywood if you were tall enough. My room gave to the train line, and so I was woken up 4:34 sharp with the first train. Not a good experience. Did not stay for breakfast, the smell put me off. The staff were friendly.

Only if you're desperate.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near London
BEST WESTERN Chiswick Palace & Suites
#590 of 1,089 in London
Brook Hotel
Brook Hotel
#140 of 568 in London

Been to Chiswick Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!