Review Highlights
Numb bum, no food and no bins

What a joke, first and foremost these new trains are the most uncomfortable I've ever experienced... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Inspire547691
via mobile
As a cutomer feeling at ranson since it is the only train company that travels the route I need to the SW!!

Hardly on time, Yet again the usual long Delays. Yersterday a Monday morning of cancellations e... read more

Reviewed yesterday
I P

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around London
from US$16.75
from US$10.12
from US$16.75
from US$10.12
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 June 2018

I've travelled on this service for 20 years, only because there has been no alternative. In all those years theres never been any money spent on updating their carriages and the Wifi connection is still awful. Come on GMW, stop paying out to the greedy shareholders and invest money where it should be going, to make the journey a more pleasurable experience rather than the long mind blowing trip it is currently.

1  Thank monkeyfairy
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

I took the Malvern train from Brighton to Bath.
Lovely bright new three coach train.
The seats for a change were really comfortable for such a long journey.
But sadly the space between the seats was woefully inadequate.
Ended up playing tootsies with my fellow passengers.

1  Thank 429Happy
Reviewed 24 June 2018

The National Cycle Route 4 runs from London to Bristol via Bath. Over the years since 2012 I have ridden on this route. However not on all of it ever year.

While the route out of London along the Thames is very interesting, it can be a bit of a pain.

I decided to take the train to Reading. In fact, I wanted to take the train to Great Bedwyn and start riding from there. I have done that before. When I tried to book the trains on the Great Western Railway site, I found it impossible. There seemed to be no trains that allowed bicycles. This was inconsistent with my previous experience.

I ended up calling the ‘customer service desk’. The person on the end of the line had a strong ‘Georgie’ i.e. possibly indicating the call centre is in the North East of England.

I had a long discussion with the ‘service desk’. This discussion included me telling them that I recalled taking a GRW ‘commuter train from Reading to Great Bedwyn with my bike. They told me that the only way I could take a bike “was on a train the way going all the way to Cardiff and there were no slots avail for bikes on the day I planned to travel”. I felt as though I may have been talking to some random person in the street.

Cutting to chase, I rode to Clapham Junction and caught Southern Railways train to Reading. There I found that I could take a local train to Great Bedwyn. There I picked up the National Cycle Route 4 to Wootton Rivers.

I have subsequently learned that the GWR Call Centre is in Runcorn near Liverpool. I suspect the staff in the Call Centre rarely, if ever, take a GRW train.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

As someone who frequently travels between Bristol and Salisbury by train, I had high hopes for GWR's new fleet. That didn't last long unfortunately. I'm again in an over-hot carriage (what's wrong with the air-conditioning?)on an incredibly uncomfortable seat, looking at a carriage that despite being only 8 months old, is already looking tired. There are pealing labels on the overhead storage, loose veneer on one of the tables, and the paintwork in the corridors is chipping off already. Clearly quality and durability wasn't of any importance when GWR decided to invest in these trains. The seats are the worst aspect. If you're 5'3 you can't put your feet flat on the floor, and there's no footrest to take the pressure off your thighs. After half an hour I'm really not enjoying it. Add to that the strangely angled backrest and hardcseats, it makes for a very unenjoyable experience. Very poor, GWR. (Your staff, as always, are lovely).

2  Thank Loopyloo408
Reviewed 23 June 2018

I was travelling back to London after the Bank Holiday and wanted to make the most of the day - so got the sleeper.
The cabin was compact but comfortable - with good service.
The trains are a bot noisy - but I love the swaying and rocking along.
Got into London with no issues and we were allowed to stay on board for a good few hours after the train arrived. Had my porridge on board - and then went in to work from there.