“"very bad experience"”
Review of Hollingbury Hotel

Hollingbury Hotel
Ranked #1,002 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 12 March 2012

"Hotel was good value of money.day receptionist was very nice .He was really a professional guy, but night receptionist was very rude, horrible, disgusting, and totally unprofessional.i am sure he was drunk.he told us to come back before 12.00 pm otherwise i won"t be able to let you guys inn at cost of my own sleep.he was very rude during breakfast and then he asked us to check out before 10; Am.when i ask him that we have been told by day receptionist that check out time is 11;00Am, He said day guy do not know anything, he is my employee . I am the owner and you have to listen me and follow my instruction.We had a really bad experience ever with this guy.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sameera186338

Reviewed 3 March 2012

The B&B (I wouldn't actually call it a hotel) is located far way from any main attraction in London, in an least 40 minute trip to Embankment, counting a 10 minute walk from Harlesden station (Bakerloo Line). Located in a not very friendly tourist neighbourhood, we checked in at around 2pm, having just arrived from Belfast that day - we were obviously tired. We were let in by a person that seemed to be the manager, with no smile nor Hello. He confirmed we had a reservation. We booked a Suite. That's what we got.

Beds were nothing to write home about in comfort and the bed bugs were horrible. They were easily solved by buying spray desinfectant at a nearby supermarket.

The bathroom was OK, water pressure perfect. Breakfast was "european" but not very generous. Two toasts, butter (or margarine), jam, and a Coffee Cup. If you decided to refill it you would get a very bad look from the person "preparing" breakfast.

The only thing to remark was the night clerk that was willing to help, called a taxi for us and woke us up at 5am when our taxi arrived.

An experience that I would not repeat and would not recommend to anyone. Avoid this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MD11junkie
Reviewed 21 January 2012

this is by far the worst place i have ever stayed in my life, they have a serious problem with bed bugs, half way through my stay we changed rooms but it made no difference, my entire body from head to feet was covered in bites, i counted over 40 separate bites, constantly itching for days, absolutely disgusting, the showers don't even work properly so what chance do you have of getting clean, if you are considering staying here my advice would be get yourself a cardboard box and head to kings cross it would be heaven compared to the HELLingbury hotel!!
oh and breakfast was a piece of toast and the rankest coffe the world has ever produced

Room Tip: run as fast as your feet can carry you in another direction!!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
7  Thank andi c
Reviewed 2 July 2011

My tv didn't work , the sheets had stains on them, the table was broken and it cost £70. The hotel(skip) should be shut down by health and safety.

• Stayed: July 2011
6  Thank Moyner32
Reviewed 5 February 2011

This hotel is the worst have ever stayed in!!! room 7smelly and poor ligthing rubbish on the floor, sheets & Pillow cases with blood stains on them. SHEETS not clean and the bugs in the bed i could not get out of the place fast enough. still itch now just thinking about it. i slept on top of the bed with towels on top fully clothed. Would not recommend this to any one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
7  Thank marky77power
Reviewed 26 November 2010

Well, we didn't actually get to stay there!!!!!!!!!
We booked the Hollingbury via another website "Hostelworld" (who were very very helpful & friendly)!!
Our reservation went through fine, a deposit was taken and we were sent a reservation number. Just to confirm our booking (luckily) we emailed the hotel directly to inform them that if there were cancellations that we would prefer a double room rather than a twin. We received a response which stated "i'm sorry but we are fully booked for this night".
So, if we had just turned up to check in to the hotel, there would have been no room for us!!!!
We called the hostelworld customer service team and they informed us that its up to the individual hotel to update their availability.
In short, granted we didn't stay there, but if anyone is to book via another online company, please contact the hotel first to ensure that your booking is VALID!! or you might be stuck with nowhere to stay on a very busy Saturday night!!!!
But going by the other comments, I don't think the place is up to much anyway!!!!!

Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank cailindeas100
Reviewed 8 October 2010

Absolutely appalling. Should not be described as hotel - I cannot understand how this place is able to do business. I paid for ensuite single room. What I got was shabby single room with shared bathroom. T.V didn't work, no tea/coffee facilities, broken lamp & no light bulb in main light & worse of all window would not close - the manager's answer was to tape the window shut and spent 10 min tinkering about with t.v before I insisted I wanted a different room. The room I was eventually moved to was no better - stinking sink, broken lamps and this time had a broken lock on the door!! I felt so unsafe in such a sketchy place that I had to wedge a chair against the door. This room also had a shared bathroom and NO HOT WATER for the shower. Nothing was done about this and I was treated very badly. I had paid for 2 nights and following all this awful treatment I said I wanted to cancel the 2nd night & have a refund - I was refused. I feel robbed.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business