“Bad”

Neighbourhood: South Kensington
Sandnes, Norway
“Bad”
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Bad service, ok food. Waiter failed to light candle on the table. She put out dirty fork and first served wrong kind of soup (chicken instead of prawn) and then wrong main course (intended for the neighbour table). On top of it all came 5 pound service charge on top of the bill. I was planning on not tipping at all. Food was ok. Soup little bit too spicy. Very tasty fish, but extreme amount of bones. Skip this place if you are planning for thai food.

1 Thank tgaud

Northampton, United Kingdom
“Awful attitude”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My partner & I were staying close by this restaurant so we popped in for the lunchtime special menu. The food was just about ok, though a bit bland & ordinary. There were 2 ladies lunching when we got there & 1 waitress who obviously didn't want to be there. Service with a scowl!! Another couple came in with a little girl who was obviously celebrating her birthday 7 asked to sit at a particular table only to be told - "that's a table for 6, you can't have that!" Ok, but there were 5 of us in the restaurant. Everything asked for was argued about or greeted with a "Basil Faulty" type sigh.
I'd advise anyone to avoid this place.

Uckfield, United Kingdom
“Avoid”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

It is not often I can't find a positive for somewhere, but we found it. Seating cramped and we were put on a table in what should have been the area for staff and guests to make their way to the tables, so all night people were squeezing past us. And the staff they obviously haven't heard that it takes less muscles to smile than to frown. The man who I think was the manager was quite helpful with suggestions for the menu, however, when we were given someone elses food did not even apologise for the error. His main concern was whether or not we had touched the food, suggesting to me that it went out the back and then back out to the other peoples table. I suspect they rely on the tourist market, it doesn't matter if they don't come back. We are Londoners and I love thai food. This was safe bland Thai food, nothing to get excited about and with the service definitely to be avoided, when London has more to offer. Shame as it is so close to high street Kensington, and would be a good stop off for so many people. They put the service charge on the bill, was wondering if we could get that back. Tables being so close together could hear other customers not that happy. Not that cheap either.

1 Thank Julie C
London, United Kingdom
“Truly upsetting experience. Shocking arrogance!”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I just just joined Tripadvisor especially to write a review about this place and warn people about what to expect.

My mother, brother and I fancied some Thai food as we were in the area and dropped in at around 6;30pm today (Sunday 23rd). The restaurant was not busy at all. Our initial impression was that the waitresses were quite grumpy and did not make us feel welcome at all. We ordered a starter and main each and the starter - Tom Kha Gai soup - came surprisingly quickly. I always order that soup since i tried it in Thailand a few years ago in other restaurants in London and always know what to expect. As I started eating it I noticed lots of black bit floating around and immediately thought this might be gravel/soil from the mushrooms. I pulled a few mushrooms out and could see mushroom stems full of soil. I literally could scrape it off on my finger.

I called the manager and politely showed him, and was surprised at his response that this is absolutely normal. He was adamant that the mushrooms were clean but could not explain why there were clumps of soil still attached to them. Despite my obvious disappointment, he walked off without an apology or an offer to replace the dish. After sitting there with the dish in front of me, I asked the waitress to call him back. After walking past our table and ignoring us a couple of times, he came over. I quietly explained that I was rather upset that he had not tried to resolve the issue, to which he responded that he did not need to as he disagreed with my complaint.I was literally gobsmacked at his arrogance and told him that he should not be a manager if he does not understand the basics of customer service. We promptly left the restaurant and walked over to Carluccio's, which felt like such a relief as the customer service was worlds apart - welcoming smiles, continuous attention to diners and CLEAN FOOD!!!!

I am a Londoner who eats regularly in both high end and chain restaurants and have rarely come across this kind of behaviour from general staff let alone managers.

I sincerely hope the owners of Thai terrace read this and take swift action for restaurant that could potentially be great.

I wonder what Gordon Ramsay would say if his meals were served full of gravel...??

Plenty of other fabulous Thai places to enjoy instead!!!

2 Thank MissyMH_2014
norwich
“Avoid”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Four of us visited for an evening meal. Two had the evening set menu and all dishes tasted exactly the same and reminded me of sick. The ladies toilet looked like it hadn't been able to flush for a long time and the other ladies loo appeared to have been locked and out of use presumably because of the same fault (drainage??). The service wasn't bad but the food was poor which was a real shame. We won't be going back!