“Overrated”

Neighbourhood: Notting Hill
Kilkenny, Ireland
“Overrated”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We were disappointed with this place. We have the cookbooks and were excited about trying the cupcakes/cakes. They were fine but nothing special, overpriced and overall definitely overrated.

1 Thank Voyager91819

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Kuantan
“Yum!”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Excellent cupcakes! Must try when you are in Notting Hill. They have numerous choices of cakes and cupcakes for you to try. I tried the carrot cupcake and red velvet cupcake, and it was super delicious!

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent top notch cakes”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Humming bird remain top notch despite their expansion to several other sites. This place really does do some of the best cakes around, very moist, and not prohibitively expensive.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Amazing cupcakes”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I'm an avid baker and have tried cupcakes in many different shops around London but Hummingbird cupcakes are way up there in my favorites!!
We stopped off here for breakfast (if you can call a cupcake and cuppa breakfast) and I had the carrot cake which was to die for!! Also brought a box of 6 for my Dad for Fathers Day and chose 2 of their fathers day specials, chocolate melt, carrot cake, double chocolate and red velvet...I was told they were all delicious!
Lovely packaging too, really pretty boxes and bags to take away with you. The staff in there were so lovely and friendly which I thought was rare as in some bakeries (high end ones too) the staff behind the counter can be quite stuffy and cold whereas the girls here were so sweet and kind.
Will definitely come back next time I'm in LDN!

Visited June 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Heavenly cupcakes”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I made a concerted effort to find a Hummingbird Bakery while I was in London, because after years of trying out all the recipes from their recipe book, I wanted to try the real thing: one of their famous cupcakes. I could not have been rewarded more - they truly are the most heavenly cakes I have ever eaten (I chose the double caramel, my friend had the famous red velvet). The texture and flavour is absolutely perfect, and every tiny mouthful is a delight. The cake displays were also just as I imagined - rows upon rows of interesting, mouth-watering flavours, and each cake was beautifully decorated. The only downside was that you have to pay extra if you want to eat or drink in the cafe; so as impoverished students, my friend and I perched on a ledge on the side of the road. And I would do it again, just to have one more mouthful of those heavenly cakes.

• Visited July 2013