“birthday lunch was very good”
Review of Chimichanga

Chimichanga
Ranked #1,918 of 23,873 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$2 - US$99
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 October 2012

We went into this restaurant at lunch time. Hardly anybody in there on this particular Thursday. However we had 10 of us with a baby and toddler so it didnt matter. The food was nice and enjoyable and everyone enjoyed. Filled me up and the waitress waas nice too.

Reviewed 18 July 2012

...on being one of the worst restaurants in London. Here is a review I wrote on another website that I needed to copy here to warn more people about this place:

Not sure why I went back here after having such a bad experience last time I went about 2 years ago, but I had hoped it would have improved...I was sadly wrong and my aching stomach would agree with that this morning.

We went in around 7.30ish and there were about 6 or 7 other tables with 5 waitresses covering them, but despite this I had to call over the waitresses every time I wanted to order something, from the starter to the bill.

For starters we ordered a plate of Calamari and when it was brought to our table I don't know whether I was more annoyed at the portion of food or embarrassed for the waitress who had to serve it. The £6.00 plate of Calamari had about 10, half inch pellets of Calamari. It was disgusting that a restaurant could serve such a small and poor plate of food...we were actually given a bigger portion of olives with our drinks!

For mains my girlfriend had a steak, which isn't something that can be messed up and luckily for them it wasn't because lets be honest, if you mess up a steak you shouldn't be in business. I ordered a rack of ribs which any restaurant goer will be able to spot, was simply a rack of ribs heated up once, then thrown on the grill to order with a very thin layer of store bought bbq sauce on the top.

But the worst part of the meal was yet to come...the Onion Rings! A few years ago I went to Chimichanga's and ordered the onion rings at lunch and it was clear they had been frozen, dumped in the fryer and served, because the outside was crispy and almost burnt but the inside of the ring was also watery and mushy, so I sent them back explaining the issue with them. Nevertheless I ordered them again hoping they had taken my advice, from 2 years ago, and changed the way they were served them...I was MAJORLY wrong. They tasted the same, the onion was mushy and watery and the batter was crispy and almost burnt

When we received our £54 bill, for our 2 course meal, I made a vow to never eat there again and try and encourage others to do the same. If you want a Chimichanga's style meal, just go to your local supermarket and buy one of those ready-made, family size "American" box meals with the ribs and onion rings and chips frozen inside...it will cost less but taste the same

Reviewed 21 June 2012

Within 100 yards of our hotel ChimiChanga was an obvious pick for tonight’s meal, especially with my voracious granddaughter to feed before she went off to party!

She and Maggie went for the crispy chicken salad with fries while I opted for enchiladas with tiger prawns, which comes on a bed of rice and black beans. ‘Mexican’ restaurants are, of course, more ‘TexMex’ here than truly Mexican. However, having eaten out in Mexico and in Texas so can vouch for the difference, I like both anyway. We all enjoyed our main meals although Maggie felt her crispy chicken could have been crisper and the roasted peppers warm, moreover the house dressing on the salad had something not to her taste, chiptole chilli perhaps?

We lingered over the main course (aided by our waiter flirting with a waitress and not seeing that we were ready for the next course) long enough for me to have room for some keylime pie while the girls slurped up churros covered in caramel and accompanied by ice cream, washed down, in my case, with a cool Corona.

All in all an enjoyable meal which didn’t break the bank.

Service could be a bit quicker – we ate early so there were only a few other people but our waiter failed to notice that we were ready for dessert until his third walk by, but that’s a nit we need not pick, at least I had time to digest the first course! I also sneaked a sliver of Maggie’s churros and would have ordered them had I started over.

Reviewed 19 May 2012

I had never tried Chimichanga's before but after someone recommending the banana burrito to me I wanted to try it.
The tortilla burger is ok, but by the time I'd finished it, and went to order a banana burrito I got told it was off the menu, so was a little disappointed.
I'd recommend it to people if they were in the area but wouldn't make a special trip to visit

Reviewed 25 April 2012

good food though a little pricy for mexican food. had to wave to get attantion from waitress, and when that fails, had to raise my voice calling them. they were very busy..... CHATTING. the Mucho Nachos is great. huge portion. but with like 2 piece of chicken.