“MEXICAN COCKTAILS”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Went to the South Woodford branch. We where strolling by and the Interior caught my eye. We where the first ones in there. The Manager was very attentive and welcoming. The food came quickly and was very filling. We gave our thumbs up to the chef. Food was tasteful to the pallet and suprisingly delicious. My barbecue wings has been the best Ive had in a long time. Definitely going back. The Decor was to perfection it really felt like we where in an Mexican environment.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I visit ChimiChanga on a regular basis as it is my favourite restaurant. The food is always fresh and hot, there is lots of choice and it is good value for money. The atmosphere is also perfect.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

The food was good, but I wish there was a bit more of the rice and beans. The service was a bit on the slow side, but it might be just because it was a busy Saturday. It was clean and the staff was polite, but one of the servers don't seem to understand what I was saying to her, when she asked me about my meal. Her English seemed a bit basic. But in all it was nice

Reviewed 22 February 2014

... that is, fairly bland, scrimping on the expensive ingredients like avocado, and not much like actual Mexican (or Tex-Mex) food; there wasn't even any discernible cheese in the enchiladas. What they serve is well cooked, but there isn't much to excite taste-wise. It's also pretty expensive for what you get, particularly when you get away from the food onto the cocktails; £5.50 for a Cosmopolitan in a small cocktail glass, £3.25 for a single 25ml measure of tequila - which works out at about £100 for a bottle that would cost £20 in a supermarket!

Unlike for some other reviews, we found the service (on a Saturday lunchtime) to be very good - quick, friendly, attentive but not pushy.

If someone knows of a genuinely good, authentic Mexican or Tex-Mex somewhere near London, PLEASE share the information!

1  Thank Trafford34
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Service is very slow even when they are not busy. Food is average. Cocktails are ok. Waiters could be trained a bit better. Very pricey for what you get on your plate. Don't think I would visit again,

2  Thank K P