“A Truly wonderful Experience!”

The Foyer At Claridge's
Reserve with OpenTable
The Foyer At Claridge's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 22,659 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$0 - US$200
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Description: The huge sparkling Chihuly light sculpture and grand art deco of the Foyer transforms this Mayfair restaurant into a magical dining space, whilst the inviting banquettes of the Reading Room allow for more intimate dining. Frequented by famous faces for over a hundred years, it's the perfect venue for a light meal, sipping cocktails and the best afternoon tea in London.
Gateshead
“A Truly wonderful Experience!”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

For a treat on our girls trip to London we decided to have afternoon tea at Claridges and I have to say we weren't disappointed. It was a wonderful experience and worth every penny. From the minute we arrived we were treated like royalty. The service was fantastic. We had a lovely selection of sandwiches and cakes and were told if we wanted more we just had to ask. At the end of the tea we were each given a bag of Claridges sweets as a souvenir which was a lovely touch. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Carol S
EugeneLeonard, Food & Beverage Director at The Foyer At Claridge's, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear "Carol S",

Thank you for such a wonderful review about your recent Afternoon Tea with us, I am delighted we were able to provide you with such a memorable experience and that you and your friends were thoroughly spoiled for your trip together to London.

Food & Beverage Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Extraordinary experience all round”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

For business, I took a very elderly American couple here for a light lunch. Food was excellent, of course, but it was the service which made the occasion. I have never, anywhere, felt so genuinely welcomed and immaculately served as I did here, and my clients were also in a quiet heaven of their own. Very, very memorable.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Peter A
Dear "Peter A",

Thank you for such a wonderful review about your lunch at Claridge's. I was so pleased to read your kind words about the service you recieved which I will of course pass on to The Foyer & Reading Room team. I am glad we were able to provide such a special and memorable experience for you and very much hope to welcome you back soon.

Food & Beverage Director
“Celebrating my husband's 50th”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Had dinner at The Foyer on a Saturday evening. Arrived early to have a few drinks, I was informed our table would be waiting anytime we were ready.
Our waiter was friendly and knowledgable. The food was lovely and most of the service was amazing until our desserts, then it was very slow, we felt like we'd been forgotten and it got a tad painful.
Our waiter hurriedly placed a tiny Bday cake in front of my husband, just before we left, well after we'd paid. We HAD been forgotten. They weren't busy but maybe had more discerning customers than us!
All of that said Claridge's is the most beautiful place ever and all the staff were lovely. My husband enjoy his surprise as much as I did and that's what counts. Yes I would go again but would make sure we weren't forgotten.
The lady in the ladies is a bit creepy ;-)

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Holidaybirdy
EugeneLeonard, Food & Beverage Director at The Foyer At Claridge's, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear "Holidaybirdy",

Thank you for your valued feeback about your recent dinner with us. It was a pleasure to read your positive comments about both the food and your waiter: it sounds as though you had a thoroughly memorable evening celebrating your husbands birthday and I will pass on your kind words to those involved.

I apologise however if you feel the service slowed, it is certainly never our intention to leave our guests feeling neglected or forgotten. I am glad that we were able to properly mark your husbands celebration and he enjoyed the surprise!

I hope we are able to welcome you back to Claridge's in the near future.

United Kingdom
“Perfect in every way”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Attended Claridges for my mothers 50th and Nan's 80th birthday.
The food and service at Claridges was excellent. Everything was cooked to perfection. The waiters ensured your glass was well topped up.
My mum and nan were given a cake platter decorated with happy birthday, which was a nice touch. They also received a Clardiges china cup in a box set as a gift!
They also have a table of complementary sweets to have when you leave.

Have a fantastic time at claridges and would recommend to anyone wanted to celebrate a special occasion.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank kfew87
EugeneLeonard, Food & Beverage Director at The Foyer At Claridge's, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear "Katie M",

What a fantastic review! I am delighted that we were able to create such a memorable experience for your Mother and Nan on such special birthdays. I will pass on your kind comments to The Foyer & Reading Room team, who will no doubt be proud that their hard work has been recognised.

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Clammy Lap”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Visited for my anniversary dinner.
Food and service both excellent.
My only complaint is that the napkins were maybe too thick? Perhaps consider in investing in a lighter summer napkin?

• Visited April 2014