“Well-priced lunch deal”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bengal Tiger

Bengal Tiger
Reserve with OpenTable
Bengal Tiger is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5,230 of 22,367 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: City of London
London, United Kingdom
“Well-priced lunch deal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Bengal Tiger is in a narrow lane full of restaurants behind St. Paul's Cathedral. It advertises a two-course lunch deal for £9.95. Judging by the similarity of the deal and the identical type-face on the flyer I suspect the thai next door might be under same ownership, of at least under the sway of the same marketing manager or publicist. It's a large welcoming space inside with the occasional Union Jack reminding me of a football tournament any rational person would prefer to forget. Having accepted an offer if crispy poppadoms and chosen a large bottle of something called mongoose beer I asked for the lunch menu (I had been given an a la carte and a wine list but not the lunch menu). From the range of about six starters and twenty mains (although one of these was, rather mysteriously, tanka dal) I chose a chicken tikka Marsala and a lamb pasanda with pilau rice. The starter comprised about five strips of chicken nicely served with a dressed salad and chutneys. The main was a particularly generous serving of slightly undercooked lamb in a creamy sauce. I was shown a desserts menu but was already full. I opted not to spend £3.20 on a double espresso (probably the most expensive double espresso I've seen in an Indian restaurant) probably not made with the appropriate beans. This did not detract, however, from a tasty lunch at a particularly competitive price in the heart of the City of London.

• Visited June 2014

Chennai (Madras), India
“Tasty food and excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

We are in London for a week and we tried another indian restaurant which was awful. Luckily, we found bengal tiger.Nice ambiance and very close from St.Paul cathedral. The food is very tasty and the staff are very friendly and nice. We decided we will eat her till the end of our stay.

• Visited May 2014
“So so”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

I came here for a take away. The lamb tikka was tasty and a good cut of meat but the spinach paneer was awful, sweet with too much cream and note enough spinach. The paneer also looked like fried tofu. Naan was nice and fluffy and filling.
Staff were friendly and helpful but not sure I will try it again

“Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

It was by chance that me and my girlfriend went to this restaurant since there were so many choices. Now, having eaten there, we feel lucky. The food was lovely, was prepared in a decent time and came out hot. The staff were very friendly and polite. Overall a lovely experience.

2 Thank Gregory W
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Very good food, not massive portions, very tasty, good wine, staff not all over you but attentive.
Great night, very much recommended

• Visited April 2014