“I will never stay here again”

The Continental Hotel
Ranked #989 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Even for the very low price, this hotel was hideous. The curtains were filthy, there were no towels, the old TV ran three channels only and there was no remote control. The shower head was encrusted with limescale, pain peeled from the shower walls and the sink was loose from the wall. I could barely stand to be in the room just to sleep. Please note there is no lift and a request for help with the bags (by both me and an elderly woman in front of me in the queue) is met with a flat "no."

Room Tip: Since I could not carry my suitcases up four flights to the third floor I was initially on, I had to...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for The Continental Hotel

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Hi
In the heart of London it was a reasonable B&B to staying in. The size of room was good. Although there were a bit noise when other residents were entering to the flat where my room was. Other than that the rest was fine.

Thanks

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Darain
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I've travelled a lot, and I'm totally happy with the idea that we don't need loads of luxury. The Continental is definitely not luxurious (the staff ignored me to talk to each other, the wiring in the bedroom was held together with tape, the TV was generously loose on the wall and only ran two channels, there's one shared shower and toilet for 5 bedrooms, no kettle in the room, and you'd better trust the staff, cos there's no safe). But there's a bed, and pillows... and it cost less than £50 a night, and that includes a standard toast and cereal breakfast. And it's two mins walk from Paddington station and some really good eating. So... although I was there on business, I treated it more like an adventure hostel, and it was fine. Or so I thought. However, when I arrived home, and discovered that during the two nights I was there, I had picked up over 20 FLEA BITES either from the carpet or the bed in my room (12)... I've travelled a lot, and stayed in some really rough places... but I've never, NEVER been bitten by fleas before. Next time, I'll pay more and stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Don't take room 12 - unless you want to be scratching for a week.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is one of the worst experience I had with this Hotel. The hotel was smelling very bad and when I asked for Room/Air Freshener they didn;t respond properly and later gave one which is even worse.
Room is not at all tidy.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Like another review in this list. I would have given 0 "stars" if it was possible. Cheap shouldn't mean a risk to your health and wellbeing! Very unfriendly, extremely unclean. A number of our party developed bed bite marks within 5 mins of being in their rooms just sitting down on their beds! Others were itching and scratching! We ended up leaving to find somewhere / anywhere else. A park bench really would have been a better option. 'Don't touch it with a barge pole'.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank believemewhenisay
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We booked by e-mail in the continental hotel due to it's low prices 47 pounds for a twin inclusive of continental breakfast which is decent. The hotel was what we expected, budget basic accommodation, well, you only want to use the hotel to sleep, is not a resort where you spend all day there. The hotel is clean, quiet, safe and the staff are friendly. It was a good choice.