“PREJUDICE DOOR POLICY”

Price range: US$14 - US$47
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Reviewed 22 December 2011

Went to Mahiki with some friends for drinks and could not get in. Had rung up before to check if guest list was required but were told to just turn up. Despite this at the door were told only guest list were allowed in as they were busy on a Saturday night. Quite a different story had been told to the girls in front of us who strolled in. Had read before that Mahiki had a reputation of being racist but have seen it for myself. Definitely would never recommend to anyone!

3  Thank LNDTraveller
There are newer reviews for Mahiki

Reviewed 30 October 2011

This place completely ruined my birthday. They failed to tell me that all my guests had to all turn up at the same time as the table was booked. In the real world, not everyone can turn up at the same time. I never had anyone over the maximum amount on the table and their excuse for not letting my guests in was that they had the maximum capacity in the place. I never play the race card but there was definitely discrimination here as they wouldn't let my black friends in late but they would let my white friends in. I didn't think that kind of thing happened anymore. Totally wrong. Completely avoid going there.

3  Thank Chantel P
Reviewed 29 October 2011

Went on a Saturday night, had to give 2 credit cards as a deposit and then ordered champagne for 4 people to receive it 30 minutes late and then find out it is the wrong drink!! We sent it back without opening it and requested the correct drink only to be escorted off the premises for being 'aggresive'. Absolute disgraceful service and weak management!

2  Thank capcen
Reviewed 31 July 2011

I went to the club last night for a friend's birthday. And after being fleeced for 15(sterling), found a tired little club, with a mixture of stuffy older gentlemen and young ladies hoping to bag a prince! Apparently all the waitresses are actresses, but seemed to be very nice as long as the champagne flowed. Not sure why the Royals favour this little place, but each to their own I guess. There are far better clubs in London, so I suggest doing a little more digging if you really want to experience Lindon nightlife.

4  Thank Perfect_Lady
Reviewed 20 July 2011

We popped in for drinks before heading over to Aqua Kyoto. The place is really nice but the staff seem to have a real attitude problem. Quite a few tables were reserved and they were very resistant to let us sit at any of the ones that weren't. It is supposed to be table service but you could sit and wait all night for that, we ended up ordering at the bar which they didn't like. Getting our card back which was behind the bar when we were leaving was another problem, couldn't find it or our bill etc........eventually it was sorted. I am not sure how they cope when they are busy! The drinks were good though and as I said it's a nice place...............they just need to get some personable staff.

1  Thank Fairmont123