“HIT AND MISS”

Price range: US$14 - US$49
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Well this my second visit to Mahiki and my first trip was so good i felt compelled to write them a great review on TA and it was also the reason i decided to spend my 30th birthday there last night with my partner and friends.
I booked table two weeks in advance, confirmed a week before by phone then emailed again on the day tp make sure the tsble was 100% availible for me. We arrived on were ushered into the table que and met by an extremly 'false' nice lady with clipboard who told me "sorry no table under your name!" LOL! what a suprise! Eventually she scanned me, my partner and friends and decided to let us have a 'spare' table - how kind of them!
We were given a table.... order a bottle of ciroc vodka at £200 and a treasure chest at £140 - the mixers were plonked on table and we waited a good 20 minutes for our drinks! as there was only 4 of us on table it tiook us ages to try and drink the treasure chest and the waitress kept asking if we had finished and could she take the chest (they obviously were desperate for it back so they could sell to another table) we honestly got bored oif them asking to remove it when it was practicaly full still!
The waitresses were rude to my guests .... i honestly felt like they didnt want us there...
I had other friends arrive later in the evening and they told me they qued for an hour....
i guess they were lucky they got in atall it seems!
The music is nice and varied...something for everyone....on the verge of cheesy but we kind of like that about mahiki as most mayfair clubs play generic house and r&b.
At 1am (the club shuts at 3!!) we were asked to pay and my partner was given the bill...with a £40 gratuity....ermmm that was laughable....he paid £22 gratuity and told them to run and jump for the rest....we felt like all night they had acyted like we were an inconvience to them and that they were doing us a favour by letting us in!
what a different experience to last time we were there!
I can say they WILL NOT be getting another penny from us or any of the party last night! Massive Fail!

Reviewed 26 January 2012

fun nightclub to go and the coktails are different and great

2  Thank arphotographer
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I booked a table in this club for my birthday ... myself and friends travelled from wales on the saturday. we had a lovely day and couldnt wait to finnish off our evening in mahiki.........
On arriving at the club we were told by staff (doormen) that there was no recolection of my booking... a manager (well he said he was the manager) came out and again would not let us in as there was no table for us!... we had emails to show him of the confirmation of my booking etc as they had taken my credit card details.. but he still refused and said there was nothing he could do!! baring in mind now we were not local people this was a planned event for a birthday and we had travelled from wales... there was no appology, no talking to him , it was "your not coming in now go"... he was so rude... i then asked if we could just que up and come in without the table but again we were refused. " his comment then was listen love we are not tiger tiger we cant just let anybody in!!" i had read many reviews about this club where they had turned parties away who had booked tables in advance, but thought no it couldnt happen to us!!! well be warned... the staff in this club dont give a toss!!! (apparantly we found out later that arabs had turned up at the club before we arrived and our table was given to them, wether thats true or not, we,ll never know, but they certainly gave our table to someone) i so wish i had taken note of peoples reviews on this club. people reading this, if you want a good night out, where the atmosphere is amazing, and the staff and doormen are pleasant, very friendly and very helpfull then go to bar salsa!!! we ended up going there , paid for the vip area and had an amazing night..... and if i return to london again for a weekend i will most definatly be returning to bar salsa...... please people DO NOT RISK THE EMBARRASMENT AND DISSAPOINTMENT OF BEING TURNED AWAY FROM MAHIKI...... AND AS FOR THE DOORMEN AND MAINLY THE MANAGER (WHO WOULDNT GIVE HIS NAME) WELL I THINK YOU GET THE PICTURE.....

9  Thank katy j
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Travelled 3 hours to spend a birthday weekend in London. Booked a table and was really looking forward to it. When we arrived at 10.30pm we were told that there was no recollection of a booking. Even though we had emails to confirm the booking they would not accommodate. The doormen were really rude and didn't give a monkeys. Fortunately for us we found another club that was amazing. We later found out that a load of Arabs had arrived 1/2 hour prior to us and apparently the tables were given to them even though they didnt book. But guys please be warned if the doormen are arrogant a-holes you can only imagine what the rest of the club is like!! If I could award zero stars then I would but unfortunately 1 star is the lowest that you can give so I give 1 star for the homeless guy who entertained us outside.

2  Thank L11cy
Reviewed 10 January 2012

We visited Mahiki as we are partial to the occasional tiki bar. Unfortunately, Mahiki really disappoints. The decor and lighting are fantastic as are the gorgeous waitresses but the place is a big con. The drinks menu outside is half the price of the menus inside. I'm surprised Trading Standards haven't shut the place down. The music is horrendous. You won't find any exotica, lounge or surf in this place, just bad 80s rock. Hardly tikiville.
It was almost empty when we went but the overpriced drinks still took ten minutes to arrive.
Finally, beware of the trouser-wrecking nails sticking out of the stools!

2  Thank Kronstadt