“not great for couples weekend away bit like a hostel”
Review of 198 Suites

198 Suites
Ranked #200 of 823 Speciality Lodging in London
surrey
“not great for couples weekend away bit like a hostel”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Not happy with the greeting had to go 300 yards up the road for keys and then the door to apartments not well signed at all. I think I have been charged twice and when asking the receptionist she looked at my card and then processed it again without my permission
Room is very compact and not like the picture we had seen on booking site
Bathroom clean and shower nice and hot but kitchen facilities are awful I refused to prepare anything in a cupboard with a Cooker and fridge that s older than me
When we entered the apartment at the front door there was a horrendous smell of someone smoking grass in there room and noise all night from ppl coming and going
We was also not advised that we was booked on third floor and no lift
On a good note it's ideally located for London tube and train 5 min walk and lovely restaurants and bar's
If you don't mind hostel type accommodation then this is perfect

Room Tip: Don't think there is one
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank caps111

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We arrived and was treated with a pleasant smile but the room was the total opposite, the fridge door handle was broken, no glasses or cutlery for drinking/eating, and as my wife was drying her hair we had a power cut in the toilet no lights/hair dyer or anything! As we were leaving I rang reception to hear not even an apology or refund offer... Now 1 day later I've noticed the cheaky snakes have charged my card twice!! NOT HAPPY DO NOT STAY HERE!!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Ben D
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I stayed here during a one-night trip to London and was a bit confused by having to pick up the key at 274 West End Lane and walk back up. I hadn't realised there were different numbered suites.

It wasn't a major problem although the offices weren't that clearly marked so I did wonder if I'd found the right place. Once entering though the staff were friendly enough and I didn't have any problems.

I didn't use any of the facilities apart from the bathroom and the bedroom. I found the room to be completely clean and the bed was great. The bathroom was small but again I found it clean and I appreciated the towels (for some reason I wasn't sure whether the place would have them). And the free wifi is always a bonus.

For the location and the price I thought it was perfectly decent for a solo traveller looking to stay somewhere relatively central (near to where I wanted to be anyway). I'd certainly check out their prices and consider staying there again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank timblankt
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Couldnt ask for more . Excellent location and value for money. Free wi fi. TV channels. Fridge stove cutlery, steamy hot water and quiet room. Spotless shower. Cleaned daily. Bed matress quite comfortable. Safe neighborhood.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Karinaki
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2013

It is not a proper hotel: you collect the key at 274 West End Road and then you have your own way in and out the room/flat. There's no reception, no staff, only 10 rooms. Rooms are nice, wide, bright and the kitchen facilities essential but useful: kettle, toaster, a couple of pans, crockery and cutlery. Everything clean and a wonderful high pressure shower (not easy to find in pretty cheap hotels in London!). Not luxury but definitely good!

It's just pretty annoying not having staff to ask questions if you need and to collect the key somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marta_Marco
Paralimni, Cyprus
Reviewed 28 March 2013

The service and the ladies at the the desk were very rude and could not help me in anyway i needed. I think this hotel is oly for closing down. The rooms had mice in also spider webs. CLOSE THE HOTEL!!!!

Room Tip: Dont go. Choose another hotel
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Marios M
Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed 28 March 2013

The service was terible. There was a misunderstanding about the payment and the receptionist agreed not to deduct the first night and once we checked out they withdraw the money from our account and they are not returning them now, even though we email them and called them several times.

• Stayed March 2013